Super League Performance of Round 1

Super League Performance of Round 1  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Super League Best Player of Round 1?

• Jake Trueman (Toronto vs CASTLEFORD)
    • Bevan French (WIGAN vs Warrington)
    • Tevita Satae (Leeds vs HULL)
    • Jonny Lomax (ST HELENS vs Salford)
    • Ben Crooks (HULL KR vs Wakefield)
    • Aidan Sezer (Catalans vs HUDDERSFIELD)
  2. 2. Super League Best Team Performance of Round 1?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Huddersfield Giants
    • Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers
    • St Helens
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/20 at 19:30

Satae had a great game but I thought they would have gone for Savelio from the Hull game. 

I have still picked Satae though. I saw all the TV games and he was the most impressive of the guys nominated from those 4 games imo. 

Team performance I've gone Huddersfield. Although I haven't seen the game but it was the biggest (arguably the only) upset of the round and a really important statement from them when a lot of people had written them off before a ball was kicked. 

Just now, MZH said:

Satae had a great game but I thought they would have gone for Savelio from the Hull game. 

I have still picked Satae though. I saw all the TV games and he was the most impressive of the guys nominated from those 4 games imo. 

Team performance I've gone Huddersfield. Although I haven't seen the game but it was the biggest (arguably the only) upset of the round and a really important statement from them when a lot of people had written them off before a ball was kicked. 

Yeah, fair comments.

If I do another thread like this next week, I’ll put forward multiple options from the same match.

Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yeah, fair comments.

If I do another thread like this next week, I’ll put forward multiple options from the same match.

Sorry I didn't realise this was just your own poll, thought it was something that LE are doing. I see what's going on now. 

Satae was very good. I just thought Andre was the pick. Especially after his injury problems. Great to have him fully fit again. 

1 minute ago, MZH said:

Sorry I didn't realise this was just your own poll, thought it was something that LE are doing. I see what's going on now. 

Satae was very good. I just thought Andre was the pick. Especially after his injury problems. Great to have him fully fit again. 

Agree and I think watching it back on TV he was getting a lot of the plaudits for what Hull were doing to Leeds on Sunday.

Builds up the derby on Friday perfectly and if they can win that one then there’s a cracking looking game to follow against Saints next Sunday.

It’s a big pity it’s not on TV as that matchup between Hull’s new strength in the pack and the twin Saints hammers of Luke Thompson and Alex Walmsley will be fierce.

I think it's really tricky to vote on the player of the round as I didn't see some of the performances.

For the team of the week, I think we could vote for the result/performance of the week without having seen the whole game (I would go for Huddersfield) but maybe we should limit the player of the week to the tv games so we have all seen the same performances?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I think it's really tricky to vote on the player of the round as I didn't see some of the performances.

For the team of the week, I think we could vote for the result/performance of the week without having seen the whole game (I would go for Huddersfield) but maybe we should limit the player of the week to the tv games so we have all seen the same performances?

I see what you mean about tv performances although I waited until LE came out to give people a chance to read about the non-televised games.

I think whichever way I go about it I’ll struggle to please everyone.

Will definitely include more player options next week though to make it more interesting.

I have gone for Huddersfield as the result of the round and Jake Trueman as the best individual performance I saw in the round.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

I have gone for Huddersfield as the result of the round and Jake Trueman as the best individual performance I saw in the round.

Ditto. In the race to slate Toronto's performance, which wasn't good, a truly fine display from Trueman has gone a bit under the radar. He would have caused much better sides a heap of problems.

On that form he could lead Cas to a very good season indeed,

Can't really comment on most of the other games as I only say the Wigan game, being in Perpignan all weekend.

But before Saturday a lot had already relegated Huddersfield and put Maloney, Drinkwater and Catalans on a pedestal, to go there and completely outplay them in every department and beat them at their own niggly game plan was  extremely satisfying.

However it's round 1 and we have Leeds to come next who are still in their 5th year of transition it appears, so not taking anything for granted.

Archived