Players like Naulago are what this game needs.

2 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

I was going to ask if he qualifies for England. How long has he been over here?

Getting on for about 10 years I think. Served in the British army and has a British passport. Its safe to say less qualified players have played for England in the past. 

He is 28 now I think. Its just a shame we didn't find him sooner because with his athleticism he could have been one of the very best in the world with a few more years under his belt. 

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

Getting on for about 10 years I think. Served in the British army and has a British passport. Its safe to say less qualified players have played for England in the past. 

Like who... ?

It is situations like where the omission of citizenship' from the international eligibility criteria leads to confusion. 

The criteria states:

3.2 A Player is eligible to play an International Match for:-
(a) the Nation in which he/she was born;
(b) the Nation in which either of his/her parents was born;
( c) the Nation in which either of his/her grandparents was born;
(d) the Nation which is his/her principal place of Residence ;

In the case of residency, the player has to prove that the chosen team has been his primary place of residence for the 60 months prior to the international match.

So holding a passport doesn't really effect things either way.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just to clarify.  My opinion is that if Naulagohas been based in the UK or internationally it should count as he has been based elsewhere in the service of the country and that should be an approved exception. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Get him in the England squad yesterday.

Naulago is exactly what tv needs.  What a thrill for kids getting into the game it must be to see him speeding through and away.  Just the same as those of us who’ve seen Dessie, Offiah and Henderson Gill and of course Clive Sullivan.

His try, in similar vein to last night, v Wakey last year involved busting through from his own 15,  shoving a defender off and that was it.  Goodnight.  

But he's a winger and they are ten a penny.  So what if they create excitement and get people talking about the sport - halves and forwards win games and anyone who thinks differently clearly knows nothing.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

9 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

But he's a winger and they are ten a penny.  So what if they create excitement and get people talking about the sport - halves and forwards win games and anyone who thinks differently clearly knows nothing.

Are you on a wind up?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

Of course.

That's okay.

I'm fully aware of the fact I know nothing anyway.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

That's okay.

I'm fully aware of the fact I know nothing anyway.

That's you and me both then.  On topic I really like Naulago and he should be very marketable for both FC and the whole game.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

2 hours ago, latchford albion said:

That's you and me both then.  On topic I really like Naulago and he should be very marketable for both FC and the whole game.

Can't wait to see Fonua in the same team. I thought Faraimo had a great game too.

How in Earth are we gonna fit them all in?! That backline was the same as last year, and we've got Fonua, Swift and Kelly to fit in her plus Houghton.

You could say we were a little understrength against Leeds last night...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

He's a thrilling player. I thought that he might get squeezed out of the starting 17 with Fonua's signing, but pleased that he wasn't. He's strong, fast and exciting, everything that we should market the competition to be.

I imagine the long term play is for Naulago and Fonua to be Hull's wingers. As pointed out, Adam Swift must be frustrated, kicking his heels at St Helens for two years and now probably the same again.

I was surprised to see Kelly dropped, thought he might have got a spot on the bench? Still, injuries will no doubt hit and Hull will be glad for the depth then.

11 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Can't wait to see Fonua in the same team. I thought Faraimo had a great game too.

How in Earth are we gonna fit them all in?! That backline was the same as last year, and we've got Fonua, Swift and Kelly to fit in her plus Houghton.

You could say we were a little understrength against Leeds last night...

Who is the female you refer to in the 2nd sentence? 

11 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

and we've got Fonua, Swift and Kelly to fit in her

I think I've seen that movie.

12 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Imagine if a coach didn’t pick the best players, that would be ridiculous 

So if the best includes heritage players then he'll pick them, a problem some people seem to have with Bennett's selections, ie Hastings and Austin. He hasn't ruled out playing these players, if they're the best option.

Archived