hill banned

2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Yes, click on the link at the bottom of the disciplinary page for the details.

Cheers. I missed that bit when I saw the original statement from the RFL. It does confirm that Austin isn’t a cheat though .......

36 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I think that might have been a throwaway line from the original poster. He's not normally that petty.

your right i'm not but austin went above and beyond on thursday he tried to get players in trouble every tackle simply because wire were under the cosh, that is cheating.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

15 minutes ago, my missus said:

your right i'm not but austin went above and beyond on thursday he tried to get players in trouble every tackle simply because wire were under the cosh, that is cheating.

You really are clutching at straws, you could level that accusations against quite a few players on both sides who tried to get an advantage. On the alleged gouging he thought he was the victim of an attempt, no evidence was available to back up his claim, but that doesn't make him a cheat. And although Warrington were under the cosh because of Hills tackle they were coping quite well and even though they lost Cooper for 10 they were very close on levelling the score right upto the last second. 

1 minute ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

You really are clutching at straws, you could level that accusations against quite a few players on both sides who tried to get an advantage. On the alleged gouging he thought he was the victim of an attempt, no evidence was available to back up his claim, but that doesn't make him a cheat. And although Warrington were under the cosh because of Hills tackle they were coping quite well and even though they lost Cooper for 10 they were very close on levelling the score right upto the last second. 

I think the judgement was a bit soft tbh. His hand was not on Austin's face one minute, and then he grabbed at his face the next. There is no clear evidence of a gouge, but there is video evidence of a grab at the face on a defenceless player which was unnecessary and really should be a warning to the tackler. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I think the judgement was a bit soft tbh. His hand was not on Austin's face one minute, and then he grabbed at his face the next. There is no clear evidence of a gouge, but there is video evidence of a grab at the face on a defenceless player which was unnecessary and really should be a warning to the tackler. 

Keep saying this , they need to outlaw any player changing his grip on a tackled opponent once on the floor , no leaning on them to get up , no putting their hand on their heads , no pushing the player playing the ball , it would sort out the PTB once and for all 

David M,

I am pretty sure that "patting players on the head" after they had made a mistake  was going to be penalised immediately. Was not Gildart the Wigan centre penalised after the edict was sent around the clubs last season? Has that now been discarded, the referee was right on the spot yesterday when Milner patted Miloudi on the head,which started the handbags, but the Ref. decided to completely ignore it.

1 minute ago, fairfolly said:

David M,

I am pretty sure that "patting players on the head" after they had made a mistake  was going to be penalised immediately. Was not Gildart the Wigan centre penalised after the edict was sent around the clubs last season? Has that now been discarded, the referee was right on the spot yesterday when Milner patted Miloudi on the head,which started the handbags, but the Ref. decided to completely ignore it.

If I was a ref , I wouldn't need to have a ' directive ' , pre match I'd nip into each ' shed ' and warn the daft gets " any messing about and you'll be on yer Harris warming the bench " , " we can do this my way or yours " , you will prefer mine " 

Archived