Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

8-9 Feb: Coral Challenge Cup Third Round Match Thread

Going to be great seeing the army, siddal, leigh miners and underhill in the round 4 draw, hopefully they all get a good home match. 

Very pleased with our result yesterday, especially after last year, and very pleasing that we gave Mayfield the respect that they deserve.

Had to work all weekend unfortunately, so only saw the game last night, and have to say the BBC coverage was excellent. Really enjoyed the commentary and all the comments they were reading out from the viewers.

One thing about visiting a clubs like Mayfield and Thatto Heath, is that we are reminded of the one thing we desperately need here in North Wales, and that's a ground of our own. It doesn't need to be anything lavish, but if we did have our own place, I'm convinced that this club would thrive.

Anyway, off work for the fourth round so glad we're in the hat.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bearman said:

Now after a horrendous trip up the motorway we are now sitting outside Leeds General Infirnary trying to find out about one of our players who was taken there by ambulance. A late hit on 14 minutes which was not even put on report.

i don’t know what the penalty was count but the Bears were hammered by the ref. Almost every try Hunslet scored was preceded by a nothing penalty.

Best team won but result was skewed by some questionable decisions.

The good news is that the lad has not broken his a bone in his neck as was feared.

However he has had suffered from whiplash but he has been released from hospital.

• Like 2

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

5 hours ago, Bearman said:

i don’t know what the penalty was count but the Bears were hammered by the ref.

That's because of either (a) you think the referee was biased ... in which case, what reason would he have to be so ?

or (b) your team did more things that deserved a penalty.

Just one question .... If your answer is (a), have you never had a referee biased in your favour and complained about it ?

13 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

That's because of either (a) you think the referee was biased ... in which case, what reason would he have to be so ?

or (b) your team did more things that deserved a penalty.

Just one question .... If your answer is (a), have you never had a referee biased in your favour and complained about it ?

Penalties were 14 -6 in favour to Hunslet. 

I was sitting with a Hunslet official who told me that he thought we were harshly treated.

One of our Directors was told by a Hunslet Director that he thought the same.

Funnily enough whenever I watch as a neutral I often think that the underdogs are not given the rub of the green. Catalans in my opinion are a case in point.

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

Penalties were 14 -6 in favour to Hunslet. 

I was sitting with a Hunslet official who told me that he thought we were harshly treated.

One of our Directors was told by a Hunslet Director that he thought the same.

Funnily enough whenever I watch as a neutral I often think that the underdogs are not given the rub of the green. Catalans in my opinion are a case in point.

OK, but that actually didn't answer my question about why you think the opposition received more penalties.

7 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

OK, but that actually didn't answer my question about why you think the opposition received more penalties.

Because I don't know.

Both myself and the Hunslet official were genuinely puzzled.

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

The governing body have showed how much interest they have in clubs outside of Super League,again.

In their round-up of the CCC games played over the weekend they name Hunslet HAWKS - a name they haven't had for a couple of years.

I hope they have the name correct for the draw tonight.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.