8-9 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

SATURDAY 8TH FEBRUARY
Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles KO 3pm
Toulouse Olympique v Oldham KO 5pm (UK Time)

SUNDAY 9th FEBRUARY
Featherstone Rovers v Halifax KO 6.15pm (OuRLeague App)
London Broncos v Whitehaven KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs KO 3pm
York City Knights v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SATURDAY 8TH FEBRUARY
Leigh Centurions 26-10 Sheffield Eagles 
Toulouse Olympique 36-8 Oldham 

SUNDAY 9th FEBRUARY
Featherstone Rovers 20-10 Halifax 
London Broncos 38-4 Whitehaven 
Swinton Lions 16-23 Dewsbury Rams 
Widnes Vikings 32-10 Batley Bulldogs 
York City Knights 16-10 Bradford Bulls 

SATURDAY 8TH FEBRUARY
Leigh Centurions 34-10 Sheffield Eagles 
Toulouse Olympique 42-6 Oldham 

SUNDAY 9th FEBRUARY
Featherstone Rovers 26-24 Halifax 
London Broncos 46-4 Whitehaven 
Swinton Lions 18-18 Dewsbury Rams 
Widnes Vikings 34-10 Batley Bulldogs 
York City Knights 24-10 Bradford Bulls 

Yeah all home wins.

I think Leigh comfortably beat Sheffield if they play anything like they did Sunday and the same goes for Fev beating Fax. Toulouse Im taking them on the handicap with anything up to about 36. London easy home win, Swinton a tight one but Im not expecting Dewsbury to get out of the bottom 4 this year so going to go with home advantage. Widnes easy win against another team I see in the bottom 4. York game could be tight but think York will have too much despite their poor showings so far this season.

4 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

All look like home wins before the playoff rivals start meeting next week.  Game of the week York vs Bradford in terms of being competitive and opening up that final playoff spot.  If Bulls can sneak a win then will leave York 4 points behind Widnes and having to play Leigh the week after.  

Whats the game on Our League this week?  

Fev v Fax. 

Just now, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Bradford the only away winners.

I'll travel in hope but definitely no expectation. I wasn't impressed with York in our pre-season game but they are a good side and will take some beating on their own paddock. It could be a tight game.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

13 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Can't see it being a big crowd, poor ko time and Fax don't bring many. 

True. Still quite a number of Fax fans that boycott this fixture. Its sad but its hard to argue with their reasoning.

Game wise it should be an easy win for Fev as we were pretty poor against a very average Sheffield team so Im just hoping for can compete for a big chunk of the game and anything else would be a bonus.

19 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

With the forecast wind and rain on Sunday it will be a great leveller, owt could happen. 

Oldham fans will be in for a treat then on Saturday, warm and sunny down saarf

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

True. Still quite a number of Fax fans that boycott this fixture. Its sad but its hard to argue with their reasoning.

Game wise it should be an easy win for Fev as we were pretty poor against a very average Sheffield team so Im just hoping for can compete for a big chunk of the game and anything else would be a bonus.

It's a good job Rovers fans don't boycott Fax away because you'd lose a decent chunk of revenue! 

9 hours ago, Bulliac said:

I'll travel in hope but definitely no expectation. I wasn't impressed with York in our pre-season game but they are a good side and will take some beating on their own paddock. It could be a tight game.

Just lose a player after half time, they bottle it against 12 ?

3 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

It's a good job Rovers fans don't boycott Fax away because you'd lose a decent chunk of revenue! 

Fax V Fev games don't have the same sort of pull that they used to have. That was clear at the home and away games last season with maybe only a hundred or so travelling away fans at each. Our home games against Fev used to be our biggest attended games but last season it was in line with games against teams like Batley.

Batley to win at Widnes, like we did in the NR cup 10 year ago...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles
Toulouse Olympique v Oldham
Featherstone Rovers v Halifax
London Broncos v Whitehaven
Swinton Lions v Dewsbury Rams
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs
York City Knights v Bradford Bulls

I am going for a couple of upsets in this round. Halifax to win at Fev Rovers and Bradford to win at York. IMO both Fax and Bulls being better teams than most givem credit for - including some of thir own fans.

If your wondering,  I never tip the Broncos to win - even if they were playing Brisbane Girls School for the Blind. if I tipped a win the curse of the Rooster would strike and they would find a way to lose...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On last Sunday's showing:

-We have three good props, two good halfbacks, one good centre, one really fast winger and a good fullback.

- The rest of the team is decent and, if it can join the dots, we should win this week.

- Providing we let Milnes do the place kicks.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived