8-9 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh to big, to fast, to strong for a game Sheffield outfit, albeit I would have liked Leigh to have played a more expansive type of game once the game was won i.e. half time at 26-0 it became a test of strength for a very dominant Leigh pack.

Harry I think the conditions as the game went on had an impact on an expansive game.Very strong performance from Leigh and IMO Nil pts would`ve flattered the Eagles.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

4 minutes ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

Harry I think the conditions as the game went on had an impact on an expansive game.Very strong performance from Leigh and IMO Nil pts would`ve flattered the Eagles.

Yes Bartholomew, but trying things in actual games when someone wants to clout you around the earhole means hell of a lot more than on the training pitch, we had won and completely dominated the test of strength with 30 minutes left on the clock, why wait until we need to put a different aspect on the offensive till we need it.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes Bartholomew, but trying things in actual games when someone wants to clout you around the earhole means hell of a lot more than on the training pitch, we had won and completely dominated the test of strength with 30 minutes left on the clock, why wait until we need to put a different aspect on the offensive till we need it.

As I stated the windy conditions IMO were`nt conducive to an expansive game,overall I thought that was our best performance for 2 seasons but each to their own.

1 hour ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

As I stated the windy conditions IMO were`nt conducive to an expansive game,overall I thought that was our best performance for 2 seasons but each to their own.

Yeah as you say each to their own, but I think your last sentance is a little disrespectful to the lads who came in last season with no expectation anď produced some performances no one expected they would be capable of.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah as you say each to their own, but I think your last sentance is a little disrespectful to the lads who came in last season with no expectation anď produced some performances no one expected they would be capable of.

Why am I being disrespectful to last years squad? ......Last years squad which was hastily formed played valiantly throughout the year.I`m just making a judgement on todays game that IMO that was as clinical a performance across the park that a Leyth side have done in the last 2 seasons! 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh to big, to fast, to strong for a game Sheffield outfit, albeit I would have liked Leigh to have played a more expansive type of game once the game was won i.e. half time at 26-0 it became a test of strength for a very dominant Leigh pack.

Too, Too & Too

Interesting  coincidence that both Leigh and Toulouse each scored 11 tries and 7 goals in their respective victories today.

Leigh let in two tries, Toulouse one.

It is looking like Toulouse and Leigh could perhaps be playing against each other at the season's end for the right to be promoted to Super League.  I suppose that Featherstone, London and Widnes might also compete, but of course it is too early to know.

I am surprised that Sheffield performed so poorly today. Were they suffering from injuries to regular first choice players?

Gregg McNally achieved the milestone of 1000 career points today by kicking the final conversion at the whistle 

Well done Gregg , top player for us over the years , not forgetting he was the last player to score at Hilton Park ( for Haven ) 

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Interesting  coincidence that both Leigh and Toulouse each scored 11 tries and 7 goals in their respective victories today.

It is looking like Toulouse and Leigh could perhaps be playing against each other at the season's end for the right to be promoted to Super League.  I suppose that Featherstone, London and Widnes might also compete, but of course it is too early to know.

I am surprised that Sheffield performed so poorly today. Were they suffering from injuries to regular first choice players?

Jean/Steph Curry............How do you know that Sheffield performed so poorly from your armchair in Chorley?

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Gregg McNally achieved the milestone of 1000 career points today by kicking the final conversion at the whistle 

Well done Gregg , top player for us over the years , not forgetting he was the last player to score at Hilton Park ( for Haven ) 

Glad he got to kick the last goal ,well done the Leyth Marra.

11 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Leigh played a Friday night fixture, Sheffield played a tough Sunday fixture. It would have had a bearing.

On 06/02/2020 at 16:35, Stirlin said:

Have decided against going. Strong wind and drenching rain have breached the lead flashing where the garage roof joins the house. I've got a bucket in the hallway to catch the drips from the ceiling. Plenty of work in Bradford for my roofer friend Paul next week.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

10 hours ago, winnyason said:

2500 at ernest for Toulouse decent turnout. But looks tiny at 19k stadium. Hard to really know what crowds be at superleague. 

Maybe 5 to 6k 

I’d say less, especially if they were struggling near the bottom of the table. Avignon might be a better bet for a viable SL team, in terms of potential crowds anyway. 

Archived