8-9 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’d say less, especially if they were struggling near the bottom of the table. Avignon might be a better bet for a viable SL team, in terms of potential crowds anyway. 

No doubt a avignon could be big as if not bigger than Catalans. My 2 cents worth on it I believe they need to look at taking busloads from albi which is league mad and up the road to some degree. 

Just now, Private Baldrick said:

Fev v Fax, inspection at 12 noon to see if it goes ahead.

Cheers, was looking forward to a bit of championship rugby, I expect its likely to be called off looking at the forecast. 

11 hours ago, winnyason said:

2500 at ernest for Toulouse decent turnout. But looks tiny at 19k stadium. Hard to really know what crowds be at superleague. 

Maybe 5 to 6k 

You've already got a head of yourself Winny, Toulouse have not got there yet.

FWIW I think that their on the road games here across the channel are going to be a lot more competitive from those teams at the top of the division, they all seem to have improoved in their rosters from last season, yes even Toulouse but the other teams will not have all the travelling inconvenience to comply with.

1 hour ago, Wolford6 said:

Have decided against going. Strong wind and drenching rain have breached the lead flashing where the garage roof joins the house. I've got a bucket in the hallway to catch the drips from the ceiling. Plenty of work in Bradford for my roofer friend Paul next week.

Thought you Welsh guys enjoyed "Leak's"?

Seriously good luck, it ain't have a shi77er when something like that happens. 

33 minutes ago, JonM said:

What chance of any games going ahead today? 

Has it is in Leigh at the moment not much chance at all, glad it was yesterday now, albeit when it was announced being Saturday I wasn't to pleased, Saturday doesn't seem conducive to attracting the numbers Sunday does these days. 

Just in case anyone is wondering why it was a Saturday, it was because Manchester United Women's team have a scheduled game v Chelsea at the LSV which is MUW's home ground, I guess they pay more than Leigh Centurions for the privaledge, albeit I still don't think they should have the preference.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Just in case anyone is wondering why it was a Saturday, it was because Manchester United Women's team have a scheduled game v Chelsea at the LSV which is MUW's home ground, I guess they pay more than Leigh Centurions for the privaledge, albeit I still don't think they should have the preference.

No doubt they'll be whingeing about Leigh wrecking the pitch.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

22 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has it is in Leigh at the moment not much chance at all, glad it was yesterday now, albeit when it was announced being Saturday I wasn't to pleased, Saturday doesn't seem conducive to attracting the numbers Sunday does these days. 

Normally not a problem Harry , but it's on't telly , it's them that calls the shots 

24 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

No doubt they'll be whingeing about Leigh wrecking the pitch.

Me thinks that will come in the future, sometime, it's probably a good job the weather was not to bad yesterday or it may have come much sooner like today, all the world revolves around the round ball game, doesn't it?

2 hours ago, winnyason said:

No doubt a avignon could be big as if not bigger than Catalans. My 2 cents worth on it I believe they need to look at taking busloads from albi which is league mad and up the road to some degree. 

Or get Albi in the championship? 

17 hours ago, DoubleD said:

FT Toulouse 58 - 6 Oldham

Sacre bleu! 

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Archived