8-9 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Looks like Widnes are pretty confident of the game vs Batley being on, saying that the wind isn't too bad inside the ground. Fallen trees blocking quite a few roads round here, must be not quite as bad in the NW. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has it is in Leigh at the moment not much chance at all, glad it was yesterday now, albeit when it was announced being Saturday I wasn't to pleased, Saturday doesn't seem conducive to attracting the numbers Sunday does these days. 

Just in case anyone is wondering why it was a Saturday, it was because Manchester United Women's team have a scheduled game v Chelsea at the LSV which is MUW's home ground, I guess they pay more than Leigh Centurions for the privaledge, albeit I still don't think they should have the preference.

Hi Harry.

I would agree with you about Saturday afternoon. (v Sunday) That said, the crowd was a tad over 3,100 - not too shabby, eh?!

7 minutes ago, AlanE said:

Hi Harry.

I would agree with you about Saturday afternoon. (v Sunday) That said, the crowd was a tad over 3,100 - not too shabby, eh?!

Would have expected more had it been on a Sunday for the first game of the season, didn't see or hear many Eagles fans yesterday, let's see how we go next week with York on Sunday.

How is the York travelling support these days, anyone?

4 hours ago, DoubleD said:

If anyone hasn’t seen Joe Bretherton’s try yesterday, it’s worth checking out 

Exiled Wiganer always said he'd be a superstar.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Seems like goalkicking making the difference so far. London 4 tries, 1 goal, Haven 3 tries, 4 goals.

Yea certainly is funny thing is we haven't got a reconised goal kicker on the field. 

55 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Batley looking like spoiling my acca. Looking like they will do well to get within 30 or 40 of Widnes.

What happens if the game is abandoned? Not sure they're going to make it to the 80 minutes given the current conditions.

Archived