Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

8-9 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Batley to win at Widnes, like we did in the NR cup 10 year ago...


Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles
Toulouse Olympique v Oldham
Featherstone Rovers v Halifax
London Broncos v Whitehaven
Swinton Lions v Dewsbury Rams
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs
York City Knights v Bradford Bulls

I am going for a couple of upsets in this round. Halifax to win at Fev Rovers and Bradford to win at York. IMO both Fax and Bulls being better teams than most givem credit for - including some of thir own fans.

If your wondering,  I never tip the Broncos to win - even if they were playing Brisbane Girls School for the Blind. if I tipped a win the curse of the Rooster would strike and they would find a way to lose...


?

Quote

The dominant ideas in society are always and everywhere the ideas of the ruling class. And always and everywhere they portray us as stupid, untrustworthy with bad motives. Show us respect sir. We gave you everything progressive there is. We gave you democracy. We demand some too.

 
Eddie Demsey RMT
 
Quote

There were 17.4m people who voted to leave the European Union.

"Any attempt to try to cast their vote aside, as if they didn’t mean it or didn’t understand the consequences, whereas everybody else did, is a bit of a slur on the individuals who took the time to vote, many of them for the first time

Ian Lavery - Labour party chair  - 29th March 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On last Sunday's showing:

 -We have three good props, two good halfbacks, one good centre, one really fast winger and a good fullback.

 - The rest of the team is decent and, if it can join the dots, we should win this week.

 - Providing we let Milnes do the place kicks.

?

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles
Toulouse Olympique v Oldham
Featherstone Rovers v Halifax
London Broncos v Whitehaven
Swinton Lions v Dewsbury Rams
Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs
York City Knights v Bradford Bulls

I am going for a couple of upsets in this round. Halifax to win at Fev Rovers and Bradford to win at York. IMO both Fax and Bulls being better teams than most givem credit for - including some of thir own fans.

If your wondering,  I never tip the Broncos to win - even if they were playing Brisbane Girls School for the Blind. if I tipped a win the curse of the Rooster would strike and they would find a way to lose...

Wouldn't Timbuktu/Mogadishu Girls School for the blind be a better analogy? At least Brisbane would have a bloody good idea of what game they were supposed to be playing.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I were hoping after last week the bookies would continue to get the odds out early but looks like it were just a once off.

They seem to do this every year, first week odds out at xmas but wait until friday/saturday for the rest of the year. I always try to take advantage of the first week as the handicaps are always well off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2020 at 09:33, Bulliac said:

I'll travel in hope but definitely no expectation. I wasn't impressed with York in our pre-season game but they are a good side and will take some beating on their own paddock. It could be a tight game.

Indeed.  Connor Robinson being banned won't help them.  Also, prediction is very bad weather.


Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

A tip for those predicting Oldham's results. Look at the result of Oldham athletic the day before. Whenever they win the Roughyeds lose and vice versa. Although not 100% it seemed to work last year and definitely last week. 

Isn’t that because Athletic were woeful and the Roughyeds good last season though? You could probably say the same about Liverpool and Norwich this season ?

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goes without saying, wins for Leigh, Toulouse, Halifax, London Broncos, Swinton, Widnes, & Bradford.

in SL Wire, HFC, Salford, Catalans, Castleford, Leeds


Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

A tip for those predicting Oldham's results. Look at the result of Oldham athletic the day before. Whenever they win the Roughyeds lose and vice versa. Although not 100% it seemed to work last year and definitely last week. 

... and Latics are away to second-placed Crewe this coming weekend !!! ?

To verify what Art is saying ... it was a theme throughout last season on the Oldham forum and yes it did happen regularly.

Edited by RL does what Sky says
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

On last Sunday's showing:

 -We have three good props, two good halfbacks, one good centre, one really fast winger and a good fullback.

 - The rest of the team is decent and, if it can join the dots, we should win this week.

 - Providing we let Milnes do the place kicks.

?

Good luck with that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2633352/day3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Goes without saying, wins for Leigh, Toulouse, Halifax, London Broncos, Swinton, Widnes, & Bradford.

in SL Wire, HFC, Salford, Catalans, Castleford, Leeds

That's a good spread bet, have you got the dangly bits to put a few quid on? If so let me know the odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again I am sure the Rams will do their usual last minute loss at Swinton though this time it will be in golden point so we will get at least a draw! Others I predict all home wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought about going to Ealing to see the Broncos play Whitehaven as it's not far from me in West London. But £25 ??

I went twice last season against Wigan and Salford and for a Superleague game it was OK but against Whitehaven?

Hardly any shelter and standing on a grass bank! Also I noticed that Broncos 'have to charge' disabled fans full price. Do other clubs  have concessions for disabled fans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bazzzz65 said:

...Also I noticed that Broncos 'have to charge' disabled fans full price. Do other clubs  have concessions for disabled fans?

Knights charge disabled fans the concession price and they get a carer in for free if needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

Knights charge disabled fans the concession price and they get a carer in for free if needed. 

I don't know why Broncos say they have to charge disabled fans full price. Who is making them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So handicap wise....

Leigh -16 V Sheffield

Toulouse -34 V Oldham

London -32 V Whitehaven

Swinton -4 V Dewsbury

Widnes -20 V Batley

York -8 V Bradford

Fev -12 V Halifax

 

I said I would take Toulouse with anything up to -36 so Im still taking that. Nothing really stands out apart from maybe Batley at -20. I expect Widnes to win the game comfortably but not sure if its 20 points comfortably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I expect Widnes to win the game comfortably but not sure if its 20 points comfortably.

Tend to agree. It was 28-22 last year and Batley won their home game 20-18. Pretty stormy conditions forecast for Sunday, I would think that might keep the scores down in one or two games.

Edited by JonM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JonM said:

Tend to agree. It was 28-22 last year and Batley won their home game 20-18. Pretty stormy conditions forecast for Sunday, I would think that might keep the scores down in one or two games.

I would have fancied Haven with that handicap on a normal pitch but on the plastic I think London will be somewhere near that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bazzzz65 said:

Hardly any shelter and standing on a grass bank!

Well that is completely inaccurate as you will know if you went to a game last season! There are fully covered stands at either end, and the main stand, albeit that is generally full of season tickets holders. And technically the bank is 3G and not grass …...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2020 at 19:39, The Blues Ox said:

Fax V Fev games don't have the same sort of pull that they used to have. That was clear at the home and away games last season with maybe only a hundred or so travelling away fans at each. Our home games against Fev used to be our biggest attended games but last season it was in line with games against teams like Batley.

Hmm...I'd say there were at least 250 Fev fans in the North stand at last season's game plus maybe a sprinkling seated in the main stand, and that followed immediately after our worst performance of the season when Barow hammered us at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...