Sat 8 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 2pm

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toronto Wolfpack

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/02/20 at 14:00

10 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Big game for you guys, is this.

not really.  it could take a month for them to find their feet.  the old cliche the result doesnt matter so much as the effort.

getting used to the speed of the game, getting more minutes for SBW.  by the time they are playing at their proper home they shiould be racking up more than enough wins for safety

Just now, aj1908 said:

not really.  it could take a month for them to find their feet.  the old cliche the result doesnt matter so much as the effort.

getting used to the speed of the game, getting more minutes for SBW.  by the time they are playing at their proper home they shiould be racking up more than enough wins for safety

Momentum is massive in sport - if TW rack up some big losses thinking things will come good in the end it could spell disaster.

IMO it's a championship level squad with a couple of high profile cherries on the top.  I can see it being a long old season, hope I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Momentum is massive in sport - if TW rack up some big losses thinking things will come good in the end it could spell disaster.

IMO it's a championship level squad with a couple of high profile cherries on the top.  I can see it being a long old season, hope I'm wrong.

yes but if they dont get the basics right trying to rush their plays will lead to mistakes.  SBW made a quote last week along these lines.  it looked like they were rushing themselves in attack and their men off the ball were running their lines too fast.

8 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

I don’t know how you can describe them as a championship squad when they only lost one game last season. They did far better in the championship than London, Wakey, Huddersfield etc would have done last season. 

6 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Maybe.  Just think they've been tonked by a pretty average Cas side, Salford look pretty average too.  Momentum and confidence mean a lot in sport, if they lost badly it would test their mettle.  Not saying it's panic stations, and I agree with you about the display, which I meant as much as the result.

29 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Big game for you guys, is this.

Yes, its a big game for both sides really.....Toronto could certainly use the win to get back on track...we need to win these type of games.  Toronto will be vastly improved from last week..Salford is a bit of an unknown quantity right now though.   Shame it was not to be televised.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t know how you can describe them as a championship squad when they only lost one game last season. They did far better in the championship than London, Wakey, Huddersfield etc would have done last season. 

London were also a championship level squad and were duly relegated.

Disagree about Wakey/Hudds.

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

By the same token, how can you conclude that they would have done better than other teams?

Huddersfield didn't lose a single game last time they were at that level, so that's that debate ended.

5 minutes ago, meast said:

By the same token, how can you conclude that they would have done better than other teams?

Huddersfield didn't lose a single game last time they were at that level, so that's that debate ended.

Sorry I missed Huddersfield being in last season’s championship. 

If you think the likes of them and Wakey would have gone all season just losing one game last year then that’s fine, I don’t though and I think Toronto would have some better than them in SL last season too. 

11 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

London were also a championship level squad and were duly relegated.

Disagree about Wakey/Hudds.

London scraped into SL the year before and nearly stayed up, Toronto absolutely destroyed it and were far better than the London team of the previous season. 

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Yes, its a big game for both sides really.....Toronto could certainly use the win to get back on track...we need to win these type of games.  Toronto will be vastly improved from last week..Salford is a bit of an unknown quantity right now though.   Shame it was not to be televised.

Fair analysis in between everyone else bickering about what 'level' your squad is!

We both need to win these games. Salford's defence can't possibly be as disjointed as last week - hopefully the new players will have bedded in and we'll make less mistakes. I think a lot of Salford fans, me included, underestimated how long it would take for so many new signings to get up to speed.

If that goes to plan and we see more of the ball we'll actually see what the attack can do. I think it will be close and not an indication of where either of us will end up but home advantage should see us edge it...….I hope!

36 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Maybe.  Just think they've been tonked by a pretty average Cas side, Salford look pretty average too.  Momentum and confidence mean a lot in sport, if they lost badly it would test their mettle.  Not saying it's panic stations, and I agree with you about the display, which I meant as much as the result.

i know its totally different but i think it was the brisbane broncos lost their first nine games one year and still won the competition

granted the wolfpack arent the broncos but its a very long season.  though if they do keep getting smashed each week they can just give up

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

only just relegated and werent even spending full salary cap either were they

Yet still managed to beat Toronto (who I assume were) to come up.

It's not all about cash - there are clearly some Toronto players who must be heavily overpaid..  I want Toronto to do really well by the way, I just don't think they will.  Squad is pretty average and far, far too thin (particularly given all the travelling they will be doing).

Come the end of the season, I consider the result of this game will be one to look back on by both teams, I'm going to stick my neck out and say it will be these two teams battling to avoid bottom place.

Salford are in transition and in my opinion are not close to the team they had last term,  and unless TWP can vastly improove their roster will struggle in the top flight.

After watching both teams perform last week I am going for a 10 point win for Salford, it will be fought down the middle and as I observed and stated last week, I can't recall ever seeing a SL pack collectivly as slow as TWP.

Just now, FearTheVee said:

Yet still managed to beat Toronto (who I assume were) to come up.

It's not all about cash.  I wat Toronto to do really well by the way, I just don't think they will.

if you mean the MPG that was on penalty goals.  indeed i guess toronto are probably spending 30 percent more on players than london.

if that doesnt make a difference over a season i will be shocked

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sorry I missed Huddersfield being in last season’s championship. 

If you think the likes of them and Wakey would have gone all season just losing one game last year then that’s fine, I don’t though and I think Toronto would have some better than them in SL last season too. 

You said Toronto WOULD have done better than Huddersfield or Wakefield would have in the Championship, you've based that on absolutely nothing.

You've said that Toronto can't be called a Championship team because they would have done better than Huddersfield or Wakefield.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say or prove to be honest.

Archived