John Drake

Sat 8 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 2pm

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toronto Wolfpack

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/02/20 at 14:00

1 hour ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

They’ll be fine. The run of away game to start the season might prove to be a bit of a momentum killer now they’re in a more competitive league.

anyone know why o’brien isn’t playing? A lot of the good things Toronto did last year were through him.

Whose fault is that 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I want to know the crowd of every game, not just Salford, stop being so paranoid. 

Someone posted on Twitter 4508. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I want to know the crowd of every game, not just Salford, stop being so paranoid. 

Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn' t mean they're not out to get me. ?

You'll have to forgive me, but I've had this every season I've been here. It's never the rugby, it's always the crowd. Coming soon, "what do Salford bring to Super League, anyway?" I'm pi**ed off with it, so forgive me.

I hope you get a straight answer from someone, I really do. But you won't get it from me. Sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

11 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Just because I'm paranoid, it doesn' t mean they're not out to get me. ?

You'll have to forgive me, but I've had this every season I've been here. It's never the rugby, it's always the crowd. Coming soon, "what do Salford bring to Super League, anyway?" I'm pi**ed off with it, so forgive me.

I hope you get a straight answer from someone, I really do. But you won't get it from me. Sorry.

Fair enough, I get that, I am just genuinely obsessed by sporting attendances and have been since I was a kid. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Anything from this game to suggest these two are not relegation contenders?

I'd have said at the start of the season that these were the likely bottom two, and I still think that.

Absolutely abysmal game. Salford couldn’t defend or keep hold of the ball when near Toronto’s line while Toronto looked completely rudderless. I’d expect Salford to sort their defence and ball control out as they did last year. Toronto need some structure and discipline.

13 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

what do Salford bring to Super League, anyway?" I'm pi**ed off with it, so forgive me.

Well looking in from the outside they were the story of SL last year . They brought a bucketload 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Fair enough, I get that, I am just genuinely obsessed by sporting attendances and have been since I was a kid. 

Okay. Good luck with your search for attendance figures. They are out there somewhere. Sorry if I upset you.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

2 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

wigan next week as well,I just hope that when they get on Canadian soil things will be a bit better for them

SOIL! You mean plastic don't you JD, I hope that no SL club decide that a trip to Canada is a holiday and treat the game with the utmost respect.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

SOIL! You mean plastic don't you JD, I hope that no SL club decide that a trip to Canada is a holiday and treat the game with the utmost respect.

Absolutely, go out there to pound them into the ground. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JonM said:

First time Toronto have lost two consecutive games. That's not a bad record to have.

Welcome to the big league, I expect it to be 0 from 6 after Wigan, Warrington, St Helens and Leeds, then HKR ? I think it going to be a long hard season for the Wolfpack.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Okay. Good luck with your search for attendance figures. They are out there somewhere. Sorry if I upset you.

Nothing on this forum has ever upset me! I’ll start a what do Salford bring to SL thread for you if you like though ? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

And the Anorak of the year goes to Eddie.

It was just over 4500 according to the Chairman.

Er no - I can`t name them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

We are just playing possum....we will win it all....and the Leafs will win the Cup this year!

We will get 'em next week!

No disrespect but I couldn't give two Figs about the Leafs (get it, figs and leafs) and you still keep on wanting to cover up (another quip) for what are glaring inadequacies in the Toronto team, the forward pack is far to slow, and you just don't have enough numbers in the squad to cover for the inevitable injuries that will occur as the season progresses, but anyway keep your pecker up we could get our rivalry going again next year, that is if we don't pass you on the way up and you are going in the opposite direction. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Welcome to the big league, I expect it to be 0 from 6 after Wigan, Warrington, St Helens and Leeds, then HKR ? I think it going to be a long hard season for the Wolfpack.

That is a b!tch of a schedule to start the season for any of the lower-half teams let alone the newbies who have no 'home' games in that run.

Still, TWP doesn't have to beat the top teams to stay up, they just have to beat the lesser ones, and I am still confident they have the talent to do that.

Did SBW even play? No one has even mentioned him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Did SBW even play? No one has even mentioned him

Yes he did. He was much improved and showed that he'll do well the longer he stays healthy.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

... we could get our rivalry going again next year, that is if we don't pass you on the way up and you are going in the opposite direction. 

You had better hope so because if TWP aren't relegated at the end of this season they will be in SL to stay.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Segovia Carpet said:

And the Anorak of the year goes to Eddie.

It was just over 4500 according to the Chairman.

Er no - I can`t name them.

Plenty of cardboard cut outs no doubt. 

• Haha 1

He played but looks far from his best, whether he is going to pick up soon, who knows as he is off home for a few weeks now.

Salford will improve ( I hope) once the play becomes instinctive

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Just wondering: Is there any particular reason, belief or point?

Four legs good - two legs bad

11 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

He played but looks far from his best, whether he is going to pick up soon, who knows as he is off home for a few weeks now.

Salford will improve ( I hope) once the play becomes instinctive

He's going where for a few weeks? What use is that to a team devoid of talent, he is not up to speed yet after 2 games so when he comes back it will be start all over again, the guy is 34 years old and has not played this game for 5 years he needs all the game time he can muster never mind going on his jollies whatever the reason for it, if it is a family tragedy understandable anything else and TWP must be desperate offering him a contract if they new he was going to missing before he has even started.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

He's going where for a few weeks? What use is that to a team devoid of talent, he is not up to speed yet after 2 games so when he comes back it will be start all over again, the guy is 34 years old and has not played this game for 5 years he needs all the game time he can muster never mind going on his jollies whatever the reason for it, if it is a family tragedy understandable anything else and TWP must be desperate offering him a contract if they new he was going to missing before he has even started.

Isn't he going home for the birth of his child.hope that meets your acceptable criteria Harry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Just wondering: Is there any particular reason, belief or point?

Sorry I don’t understand the question, reason belief or point to what?