John Drake

Sat 8 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 2pm

Who will win?  

70 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toronto Wolfpack

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/02/20 at 14:00

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Sorry I don’t understand the question, reason belief or point to what?

To your obsession with attendances.

Four legs good - two legs bad

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

2 games in seems like a reasonable amount of time to start deciding who is going to get relegated. 

To be fair, most have a good idea before a ball is kicked!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

To your obsession with attendances.

No it just happened, a natural interest. I wish I couldn’t guess every English and Scottish football league or RL top three divisions attendance to within about 5%, but sadly I can. Could probably give it a good go in most European top flights too 😔 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

No disrespect but I couldn't give two Figs about the Leafs (get it, figs and leafs) and you still keep on wanting to cover up (another quip) for what are glaring inadequacies in the Toronto team, the forward pack is far to slow, and you just don't have enough numbers in the squad to cover for the inevitable injuries that will occur as the season progresses, but anyway keep your pecker up we could get our rivalry going again next year, that is if we don't pass you on the way up and you are going in the opposite direction. 

Harry you and I both know the fix is in for Toronto....we've been at this rodeo before...we don't need to rehash it all but we both know the facts and how this is going to play out....the fix is in...

you think you guys can beat Toulouse?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

He's going where for a few weeks? What use is that to a team devoid of talent, he is not up to speed yet after 2 games so when he comes back it will be start all over again, the guy is 34 years old and has not played this game for 5 years he needs all the game time he can muster never mind going on his jollies whatever the reason for it, if it is a family tragedy understandable anything else and TWP must be desperate offering him a contract if they new he was going to missing before he has even started.

You seem very angry today Harry.

37 minutes ago, Eddie said:

No it just happened, a natural interest. I wish I couldn’t guess every English and Scottish football league or RL top three divisions attendance to within about 5%, but sadly I can. Could probably give it a good go in most European top flights too 😔 

I understand exactly.

Since I was a boy, when reading the Sunday paper I always try to guess which team has had the highest attendance in each of the English and Scottish leagues each weekend. 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

We are just playing possum....we will win it all....and the Leafs will win the Cup this year!

We will get 'em next week!

Spoken like a true Leafs fan. 😎

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

To be fair, most have a good idea before a ball is kicked!

I’ve lost count of how many seasons team X have won their first 5-6 games only to fall off a cliff and finish as the usual cannon fodder. Even if Toronto lose their next 4 games, it still means nothing. 

I think it was Huddersfield several years back who couldn’t buy a win, then beat someone like Hunslet in the cup and got on a roll. Anything can happen. Sort of 😬

• Like 2

Having made it home and digested the game I think Salford should be ok in a few weeks time. We started slow last year and built our fitness over the season but didn’t have to incorporate this many new players so it will take longer this year. Our defence is all over the place at the moment and we are making too many errors - it’s making it hard to maintain pressure.

As bad as we were though the only tries they scored were from shocking defending by us. Toronto had no structure or patience in attack - flinging it about looked good when it worked but it obviously doesn’t win you games. The sooner they get GOB back and a stable spine the better. They do have some players who can break the line and lots of offloads in them but are lacking real craft and creativity.  With a quality halfback they would be a good side.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Spoken like a true Leafs fan. 😎

THIS IS OUR YEAR!

47 minutes ago, LR23 said:

Having made it home and digested the game I think Salford should be ok in a few weeks time. We started slow last year and built our fitness over the season but didn’t have to incorporate this many new players so it will take longer this year. Our defence is all over the place at the moment and we are making too many errors - it’s making it hard to maintain pressure.

As bad as we were though the only tries they scored were from shocking defending by us. Toronto had no structure or patience in attack - flinging it about looked good when it worked but it obviously doesn’t win you games. The sooner they get GOB back and a stable spine the better. They do have some players who can break the line and lots of offloads in them but are lacking real craft and creativity.  With a quality halfback they would be a good side.

Nice to see a fair assessment of the team's flaws. Far too many here are far too dismissive but never get beyond their shirts.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Isn't he going home for the birth of his child.hope that meets your acceptable criteria Harry.

You couldn't pay me enough money to live and work on the other side of the world away from my family. I find it strange that any guy would be away from his heavily pregnant wife just to earn more money. 

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You couldn't may me enough money to live and work on the other side of the world away from my family. I find it strange that any guy would be away from his heavily pregnant wife just to earn more money. 

Sometimes bills have to be paid...strong families have endured far worse...think of all the men who are in the Forces and leave their families on a regular basis.  There are many other examples....there are far worse things than being away from a heavily pregnant wife....ever hear of Mother In Laws?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Sometimes bills have to be paid...strong families have endured far worse...think of all the men who are in the Forces and leave their families on a regular basis.  There are many other examples....there are far worse things than being away from a heavily pregnant wife....ever hear of Mother In Laws?

Just a personal preference. 

I understand that for some there is no choice but I'm sure SBW could have found a way to earn a meager living in New Zealand. 

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Just a personal preference. 

I understand that for some there is no choice but I'm sure SBW could have found a way to earn a meager living in New Zealand. 

I think he has a strong home life with lots of support so no worries....Sometimes I've been away lots but if you have a strong relationship with TRUST there is not any real problem plus all the technology and social media theses days really mitigates some of the issues.

You have to trust and believe in each other though...I've been married a long time.

2 hours ago, LR23 said:

Toronto had no structure or patience in attack

Continuing with MCrone probably doesn't help. He is awful and has been for a long time. Why they kept him, let alone made him captain, I have no idea.

• Like 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Continuing with MCrone probably doesn't help. He is awful and has been for a long time. Why they kept him, let alone made him captain, I have no idea.

Thanks for your support.

Look tbh twp will struggle bit over death riding again by Leigh posters historically again and again. They think it's there God given right to be in superleague if anyone should be dirty you suggest Bradford should be.

Expansion clubs are apart of sport teams from France and possibly usa, so get over it. It helps grow our code. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

From my pov.the wolfpack need to calm down and stop.trying to.score off every play 

Both sides made such easy metres yesterday so both forward packs need to tighten up

Salford had in islander in the 14 shirt he was unstopabble.  Wolfpack need players like him.

Sbw was ok but he doesn't look like he can bust the defensive line he's always looking for an easy offload.  

Edited by aj1908

4 hours ago, aj1908 said:

From my pov.the wolfpack need to calm down and stop.trying to.score off every play 

Both sides made such easy metres yesterday so both forward packs need to tighten up

Salford had in islander in the 14 shirt he was unstopabble.  Wolfpack need players like him.

Sbw was ok but he doesn't look like he can bust the defensive line he's always looking for an easy offload.  

Ikahihifo is no.14 - he’s one of the new lads and very good so far.

10 minutes ago, LR23 said:

Ikahihifo is no.14 - he’s one of the new lads and very good so far.

Where's he from? Nrl ?

He was unstoppable 

24 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Where's he from? Nrl ?

He was unstoppable 

He's on loan from Huddersfield, who signed him in 2016 from NZ Warriors, he was brilliant for us in 2016 and 2017, making the SL "dream team" in 2017

Since then he's steadily fallen away and out of favour, so much so that some 18/19 year old academy graduates got ahead of him.

Hopefully he'll have a good season at Salford and come good again and do another job for the Giants

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, meast said:

He's on loan from Huddersfield, who signed him in 2016 from NZ Warriors, he was brilliant for us in 2016 and 2017, making the SL "dream team" in 2017

Since then he's steadily fallen away and out of favour, so much so that some 18/19 year old academy graduates got ahead of him.

Hopefully he'll have a good season at Salford and come good again and do another job for the Giants

Hopefully he’ll enjoy himself so much here that he’ll stay! Do you know if the loan agreement prevents him playing on Friday?

12 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I’ve lost count of how many seasons team X have won their first 5-6 games only to fall off a cliff and finish as the usual cannon fodder. Even if Toronto lose their next 4 games, it still means nothing. 

I think it was Huddersfield several years back who couldn’t buy a win, then beat someone like Hunslet in the cup and got on a roll. Anything can happen. Sort of 😬

Totally true, although many Leeds fans have written our season off after one game, god knows what they’re going to think if we lose to Huddersfield today, but I’m sure how we perform in monsoon conditions is going to mirror exactly how we play for the other 27 rounds.