Fri 7 Feb: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/02/20 at 19:45

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Plenty here for Rovers to build on . Very fancied hull side but they’ve pushed them . 

Some folks may be revising their shortlist of relegation favourites.

Plus, we all had a great evening's entertainment.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cracking match, really good advert for the game.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

That was a great match, one of the fastest I've seen for a while.

The Hull KR try in the second half was special. You'll go a long way to see a better one!

Hull KR look far from relegation fodder! FC will be pleased to get out with the win and showed good resilience.

I was fearing that we would get steamrollered but we put up a great fight and if that penalty had gone over who knows what could have happened.

After a full pre season under Smith we look like we will be a better team than last year and if we can keep it up throughout the year we will be safe. When Parcell is back we will have two good options with him and Litten. 

I have to say, the Super League this year is a notch or two above what we have seen in the recent past.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Happy with that.

Well done fc... Hull's quality shone through in the end, but there was enough there to stay hopeful.

I think the post hit/sneyd try was where the game was won and lost. I think hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Littens subbing hurt us too.

I truly thought Tony Smith was playing to the galleries when he said we were going to pass it around, but we played some good stuff.

2 minutes ago, HKRBob said:

Happy with that.

Well done fc... Hull's quality shone through in the end, but there was enough there to stay hopeful.

I think the post hit/sneyd try was where the game was won and lost. I think hindsight is a wonderful thing, but Littens subbing hurt us too.

I truly thought Tony Smith was playing to the galleries when he said we were going to pass it around, but we played some good stuff.

Good luck to KR hope they stay up. In fact im sure you will.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Great game. Very impressed with Rovers. Can see them having a shot at the playoffs if they play like that every week.

Hull made too many errors at times. Rovers only made errors towards the end,  which was impressive in itself considering how much they chucked it about.

Glad we got the 2. Thought my weekend was ruined!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and at times, it was a really close match.

It seemed to me that Hull FC made a number of wrong decisions that cost them several tries. Lost opportunities.

In my view, although Hull KR were not as good in a number of ways, they didn't make as many tactical mistakes, and that ket them in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I have to say, the Super League this year is a notch or two above what we have seen in the recent past.

Considering this is only week 2 there has been some cracking rugby on display. 

I thought that was a belting game. Rovers are nowhere near a relegation battle based on that. We were outplayed in a lot of departments but showed some flashes of brilliance when we needed them. I thought we showed a lot of resilience that has often been missing the last couple of years. 

Really happy with our defence again. Rovers threw the kitchen sink, and one try was a dubious video ref call and another was one of the best tries you will ever see. The Quinlan try was the only slightly disappointing one. 

Savelio backed up the Leeds game with another very strong performance and Griffin was really good. 

I wasn't mad about Radford's team selection or the fact that Fonua warmed the bench for 70 minutes, but with so many options it might take a while to settle on a strongest 17.

Not at our best but job done. On to Saints. 

12 minutes ago, HKRBob said:

Happy with that.

Loads to be encouraged about if you're a Rovers fan. I wasn't taking this game for granted but I didn't expect to be tested to that extent. Forwards really stood up in defence and every time you gave it width you looked a threat. 

If you can play to that standard week in week out you will be miles away from danger and could even be an outside shot for a playoff place. 

3 minutes ago, MZH said:

Savelio backed up the Leeds game with another very strong performance and Griffin was really good. 

I get the Griffin mom, but Savelio was really strong. He went into beast mode a couple of times and it was scary (as an opposition fan) to watch

I was again massively impressed with Livett for us, but the big surprise for me was litten. The hull hooker factory (not being rude ?) may have churned out another

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Kenny Dowall needs to stay in position instead of flying out.

That's what every coach he's ever had has told him, so I think it's a bit late for it to sink in now.   Another great game to watch, Rover's unlucky to lose but if you have RB and SKD defending on the same side your flashing a big sign saying 'Attack Here'  which even Radford couldn't miss.

Best build up to a game at the KCOM ever, fantastic atmosphere and one of the best derbies in a long time. Even the match day programme is back!

Now to get the beers in and watch it all over again. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

KR really pushed us tonight and should take a lot of encouragement from that performance. With that and the convincing win last week they are looking decent this year. Super League seems very competitive this year. 

We were far too frantic in the first half, throwing unnecessary offloads early in sets and poor kicking, occasion maybe getting to the players a bit. Looked a lot better in the second half, cut out the offloading as much and just got our forwards bashing up the middle which certainly worked. Tackling improved in the second half as well. 

Crowd was massive, don't think I've ever seen such a spectacle for a club game at the kcom before. Rugby league at its finest!! 

28 minutes ago, HKRBob said:

I get the Griffin mom, but Savelio was really strong. He went into beast mode a couple of times and it was scary (as an opposition fan) to watch

I was again massively impressed with Livett for us, but the big surprise for me was litten. The hull hooker factory (not being rude ?) may have churned out another

I've been a bit of a fan of Livett for a while, although injuries and not being picked regularly must have been frustrating for him. Litten could be a real danger player if he carries on like this.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, The Hallucinating Goose said:

19,599 given as attendance, must say it looked more. 

Definitely sounded more at times.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I was fearing that we would get steamrollered but we put up a great fight and if that penalty had gone over who knows what could have happened.

After a full pre season under Smith we look like we will be a better team than last year and if we can keep it up throughout the year we will be safe. When Parcell is back we will have two good options with him and Litten. 

I’ve said all winter (and been laughed at on this forum every time) that HKR will finish 9th or above, and nothing I’ve seen so far has suggested otherwise. 

Archived