Thur 6 Feb: SL: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/20 at 19:45

Lokking forward to this - The best day in day out side in Super Leagui in St Helens vs the side best equipped to beat them in a one-off game in Warrington, though I will say in the NRL Blockbuster games like this are not scheduled so early in the draw.

Some might think its a bit early in the season to be posting about a must-win game but while Warrington were the best side against Wigan there are no competition points for moral victories and a loss to the Saints puts Warrington 4 points behind with the psychological damage of having played two of their rivals and lost.

As they are at home Warrington should win

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to watching this. Always enjoy watching Wire home games on TV as the stadium is usually full and the atmosphere very good which makes for a good backdrop to the game. Was impressed with Wire last week despite them playing most of the game a man down.

Saints by 10.

Saint's for me, I don't think Coote and Amor being out will make too much difference, in fact they are probably better off having Percival kicking than Coote. Wire will have to improve and show more coordination than last week. Interested to see the two full-backs up against each other, if you could clone one from the two you would have a answer to England's no 1 spot for years to come.

59 minutes ago, fevtom said:

I can see this going one of two ways. A narrow Saints win, or a heavy Saints win.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we get a more competitive season than last year.

You are right Wembley was a bit one sided. 

On 04/02/2020 at 20:16, Moove said:

As a Wire fan said to me earlier though it would be funnier if they'd won the league in living memory 

Does the Premiership count, after all it was the Championship by another name, if so I remember when one Alexander James Murphy took over in '71 and the Wire won it in '73, also in the mid 90's before we changed to SL and the GF in 98 I think?

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Does the Premiership count, after all it was the Championship by another name, if so I remember when one Alexander James Murphy took over in '71 and the Wire won it in '73, also in the mid 90's before we changed to SL and the GF in 98 I think?

nah, that doesn't count, and I think you are thinking of the 80's rather than 90's Harry. 

36 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well I haven't got beer but I'm about to do the veg for my chicken dinner! 

Veg...Sounds like what I should be having.. however my lovely wife is on a business trip so I can eat the garbage (almost) guilt free!

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

nah, that doesn't count, and I think you are thinking of the 80's rather than 90's Harry. 

Of course my mistake, one of those senior moment's yes it was mid 80's. 

But why should it not count? the Premiership was a play off between the top 8 teams of the first division not so much different in principle to todays Championship eliminator.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Of course my mistake, one of those senior moment's yes it was mid 80's. 

But why should it not count? the Premiership was a play off between the top 8 teams of the first division not so much different in principle to todays Championship eliminator.

I suppose it was clearly laid out where the league champions would be decided. Back then the Premiership was a separate comp, here the league title is decided in the Grand Final. 

Just now, Dave T said:

I suppose it was clearly laid out where the league champions would be decided. Back then the Premiership was a separate comp, here the league title is decided in the Grand Final.

Well, we do have the shield (league winners) and playoffs   I see Harry's point! (just that the shield doesn't really count for anything!)

Glad that young Matty Ashton is playing must say I was thourgly impressed with him last week, I say him at Leigh Centurions last season when he scored 4 tries, as they say if he breaks the line it's good night Vienna, he has true pace, would like to see him in a foot race for the line with Reagan Grace that would be good, who would win it?

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Is my old grey matter playing tricks, but wasn't  it 1st v 8TH, 2nd v 7th and so on, with the result of the fist round denoting the highest placed winner playing the lowest placed and so on to the final?

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

No disrespect but it is like on here, it never stops.

It almost seems like this pregame was written by looking at the most popular threads this week!

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is my old grey matter playing tricks, but wasn't  it 1st v 8TH, 2nd v 7th and so on, with the result of the fist round denoting the highest placed winner playing the lowest placed and so on to the final?

Yes that's certainly how I remember it

Archived