Thur 6 Feb: SL: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/20 at 19:45

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Out-muscled them, out-thought them, out-played them. Very good.

Didnt out sulk them ?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Anyone would think, based on tonight's action, that Rugby League was actually enjoyable to watch. We must remain vigilant and make sure such subversive opinions never spread.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

When are Widdop and Hughes back anyway?

Can’t wait!   Hope it turns out to be an exciting season.

If Ashton & Ratchford continue playing like that at fullback & standoff will Widdop get in ?

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

But less than from Gelling it would seem? ?

Nah, more mistakes from Arthur than both teams put together. That sad thing is Proe is even worse. As for Baz he's not great, but Tez is an absolute joke. Tries to sound intelligent, but is far from it.

4 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Didnt out sulk them ?

Eamonn looked like he had next week's programme notes half-drafted.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Skids said:

Nah, more mistakes from Arthur than both teams put together. That sad thing is Proe is even worse. As for Baz he's not great, but Tez is an absolute joke. Tries to sound intelligent, but is far from it.

Yes it’s maybe time for a clean sweep on the team.   I don’t mind Dave Woods and maybe less fo the ex-players.   I’m happy with Carney TBF.

Wire were dominant, clinical and punished our errors ruthlessly. Thought the scoreline reflected the game.

I expected defeat, but a touch disappointed at how comprehensive it was. We'll remember that though and learn. We've handed out some hidings to some top sides over the last 2 years, so have to cop it when it happens to you.

Without wanting to bleat about injuries, that was a level of disruption that this particular team has never had to cope with. That's a challenge we have to deal with.

Disappointing night, but when our lads come back, we'll still be challenging. 

So Wolves beat Woolf,  before i post any more howlers, I would say this is a result that works for both sides. Warrington exorcise some saintly ghosts and St Helens get a reality check, their long  winning run was always going to end and if you do not bring your A game every week your going to get beat.

Looking forward to the rematch later in the season.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Well, that was disappointing.  What a difference a year makes!  Either our previous coach was a genius or we were lucky but I cannot believe how quickly the injuries to our key players have mounted up.  We have lost three key players in two games which adds to the three that were already sitting on the sidelines.  What has happened there?  I find the injuries depressing for some reason, possibly because we have hardly had any over the last two years.  

Aside from that, we got what we deserved.  Dropping the ball, losing our cool, going backwards in numerous ways and we will end up getting beaten by a better side, which we did.

Well done to Wire.  Them beating us at their home ground hasn't happened very often so I hope they enjoyed one of their rare successes tonight! ? 

1 hour ago, Havenwarrior said:

Rick and PTB still a joke. So much for new rules.

HW

18 minutes ago, meast said:

Reciting Rick Astley lyrics at one point while something was happening on the pitch, truly abysmal the lot of them

Seems like they made an impression on Havenwarrior though! 

I generally try to avert my eyes from Saints and Wire, so am not au fait with the reported injuries to Saints, but it would appear they have to suck it up like like a number of other clubs have had to for the last few years.

The harsh fact for Saints here is that they were nilled. 

I do regularly suggest that it's enormously important for players and teams to be "focussed". We should remember the Thompson big story over the last few days... it must have an impact. A defocussing event.  The Edwards affair will have hit Wigan the same way.

Archived