Thur 6 Feb: SL: Warrington Wolves v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/20 at 19:45

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It was hardly over the top praise. 

Young Jack Walker was a 'superstar' long before he had played two games.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Ashton wasn’t being overhyped by the commentary team.   If anything they accepted some of his achievements last night as if he was already an accomplished top flight fullback.

The overhyping was done by a select few on here, myself included.   It’s just nice to see a decent, pacey and confident back line player light up the first few games and look like an international.   Super league hasn’t had many of those recently.   Something exciting to look forward to this year.

22 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Young Jack Walker was a 'superstar' long before he had played two games.

Only in the opinion of the two goons from sky.

44 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Keep your hair on, nobody used the word superstar did they?

No granted you didn't I just think too much is put on some of these young players. As someone has already mentioned Walker at Leeds fawned over by sky,does my head in. Ps haven't got any hair left after watching Rhinos last few seasons.

Another thought on Saints...our reduced depth may cause an issue. Last night we ended the game with a backline of Welsby, Naiqama, Peyroux, Costello, Grace - only 1 player in their natural position.

Last year, with the same injuries, we would have started with Lomax, Swift, Naiqama, Percival, Grace - a lot stronger!

Not a criticism of the club. With Swift off contract and receiving an offer from Richardson we had little choice. We also need to give talented players like Welsby a chance too. He'll flourish sometimes and struggle at others, but will be better for the experience.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

If it's anything like our last visit to BV it'll be worth going! That was a crazy game.

Crazy game and one we should have won. If we give Wire that sort of head start next time I fear it will be a 50+ point thrashing! 

I am late to this, but that was a fantastic performance from Warrington. I honestly cannot think of a more complete performance from them in the last 10 years. They looked in complete control of everything they were trying to do. In the past, even when they have been good, it has been possible to point to a “but”. Not last night, it was an individual and collective masterclass. With Widdop still to come in. 

It looks like we won’t be seeing the same procession as last year. Now, if FC can fulfil their promise, we could see the best battle at the top for many years. 

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Might have been a better game if Lomax and Fages had been playing.

9 hours ago, Loiner said:

And Jonny Lomax.

I thought Lomax looked like one of Saints better players to be honest. He took the line on enough times and could have had more reward.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Actually as good as he is going forward,  he looks very nervous under kicks, not matty russell bad, but, he doesnt plant his feet, and this collapsing under the ball is gonna cause him a problem at some point.

I thought he looked confident as anything under the kicks?

2 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Ashton wasn’t being overhyped by the commentary team.   If anything they accepted some of his achievements last night as if he was already an accomplished top flight fullback.

Are you the one who takes Baz and Tez seriously, every game they sound - especially Tez - to me like they are being interviewed for the job and hoping they are saying the right things, I should imagine their commentary and summarising is nothing at all like their thoughts 'off-air', it would be good to have some honest commentating like Phil Gould or Jack Gibson used to do.

Great team performance from Warrington. Saints weren’t at their best and had to cope with Walmsley pulling out and losing Percival but for Warrington to keep them scoreless was a great effort.

One thing I haven’t liked about Warrington under Price is how rigid and conservative they have been in attack so seeing them being more expansive will be good for them as they have the players for it.

Archived