England coach

Bearintown

Just now, pensioner said:

I think his last game before coming to Town was a world club challenge which I think Wigan won. Would anyone turn down a player with that sort of CV? Maybe didn’t turn out as well as people hoped but in the same position would you not sign him again?

I don't think that's right as we got him from Leeds didnt we? Are you not thinking of Billy McGinty? 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

All I remember of him was he basically had his entire body strapped up, he looked like a mummy playing rugby. 

I thought he was very tanned when he first came on the pitch, it must have been the skin coloured bandages ?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I vaguely remember an interview with a Town player who said he was the toughest player he played with. The coach had identified their dangerman and Shaun said "don't worry about him boss" . Ten minutes into the game said player was staggering down the tunnel ! 

Or maybe I dreamt it ?

4 hours ago, Bearintown said:

So then, who's the next ex Town player to become England coach ??

Main qualification is not to play more than a handful of matches and retire injured?

Let’s hope he has more luck in uniting the squad than Smith did 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

11 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I vaguely remember an interview with a Town player who said he was the toughest player he played with. The coach had identified their dangerman and Shaun said "don't worry about him boss" . Ten minutes into the game said player was staggering down the tunnel ! 

Or maybe I dreamt it ?

Sound about right, remember being told about one local derby game where opposition forward had absolutely battered some of towns younger forwards, going down tunnel at hlf time Wane had a quiet word, surprisingly it was all quiet second half. Old school

9 hours ago, Derwent said:

Wasn't just a swap, Nosebleed went to Leeds and we got Wane plus £30k.

Thought we only got 10k? I can seem to remember thinking we lost out as I'd still rather have had Scotty...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

24 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Thought we only got 10k? I can seem to remember thinking we lost out as I'd still rather have had Scotty...

I definitely remember Kevan Gorge telling me it was £30k for Scotty and we did Leeds a favour by taking Wane as they wanted him off the books. But who knows, mists of time and all that.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived