Rams v Widnes

myview

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/02/2020 at 18:18, Batley Bob said:

Just like the upkeep of odsal ?‍♂️

No, quite different in fact.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel certain that this Sunday’s 6.15 pm fixture will go ahead, although a lot of work by the ground staff will have to have been undertaken after seeing the pitch last Sunday.  

Judging by Widnes’ walloping of Oldham last week, I expect our visitors to be in the mood to run riot again, but I hope we can halt that. 

My prediction is:

Dewsbury 18-24 Widnes

FTS: Finn

MoM: Magrin 

Att: 1202

Legs, Dews, Legs.

This should be a forward dominated match with the kicking skills of both team being very important. The Chemics are looking pretty strong at the moment and it would take an outstanding performance on our part to beat them.

Rams 16 - 32 Widnes

Att: 1450

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Interesting to note that we haven't beaten Widnes at our place in the league for 20 years.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Interesting to note that we haven't beaten Widnes at our place in the league for 20 years.

Don't say it like that... At last victory didn't seem 20 years ago and quite deflating when you realise it was ?

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You missed the "and counting" off the end BSJ

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

55 minutes ago, coolie said:

Don't say it like that... At last victory didn't seem 20 years ago and quite deflating when you realise it was ?

Ill be happy as long as we run em close.  I think a win is a big ask given the disruptions we've endured through the two postponements.  Hopefully the pitch will be a bit narrower than Widnes are used to and a bit boggier than they'd like...

4 minutes ago, NickD said:

Ill be happy as long as we run em close.  I think a win is a big ask given the disruptions we've endured through the two postponements.  Hopefully the pitch will be a bit narrower than Widnes are used to and a bit boggier than they'd like...

Interesting point Nick. I don't know if everyone is aware that out pitch is actually smaller than it was last year. This is due to new RFL regulations regarding the distances between the touchlines and fencing. Not only is it marginally narrower but also shorter in the in-goal areas.

1 hour ago, coolie said:

We have beaten them at their place more recently, of course. ?

14 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Now how many times have we played them at home in the last 20 years?

Start here: https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2020/02/24/widnes-preview/

Can't believe there aren't more posts about today's game, but I'm putting it down to shell shock. That's two really hard-fought wins in a row now. Normally one win like that a season would be something special. A real hearty congratulations to all the players, coaching and backroom staff for giving us supporters a big lift.

Archived