Israel Folau (Merged threads)

RMBJ

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The ARU are not our judge though, are they? We did not give them that power to judge. We make our own judgement.

It would be more akin to a different country judging someone, them serving their time and we then not letting them in our country based on their criminal record - something which happens on a regular basis.

Not enough in RL IMO , back to ' whataboutery ' again 

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

In what way would they be treated differently ?

Well going by the scripture...

..."their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

I suppose it's kind of different to how those in heaven would be treated in the rest of Revelation.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Well going by the scripture...

..."their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8)

I suppose it's kind of different to how those in heaven would be treated in the rest of Revelation.

In death , we are discussing life , what way in LIFE ?

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Again, it's not whether the place exists, but the idea they should go to a place like that. Whether you could actually go there is irrelevant, the idea that they should is disgusting.

They do have SKY in Hell apparently , some deal cut by that Murdoch bloke , but in heaven you only get the union on ?

Just now, GUBRATS said:

In death , we are discussing life , what way in LIFE ?

Err... Look around you. Look how they are treated in the places that believe homosexuality is immoral.

THAT is how they are treated differently in life, and that is why these ideals are more than just words.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Letting offenders move to our country to play RL

I'm not sure where that was even discussed?

I think you've completely misunderstood the point I was trying to make if that's what you took from it. I wasn't trying to make any point about whether people should or shouldn't be able to move to our country with a criminal record - only that they aren't in most cases, so it doesn't fit with the analogy trying to be made. 

16 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

You could educate yourself? I mean, surely in the internet age, you know how to clarify the meaning of a word?

You could continue to prove your lack of understanding if you wish, but it really doesn't help the pages of arguments you've contributed.

Up to you which path you choose, but surely providing a positive argument trumps a negative one?

How about providing neither since this whole thread is a lot of hot air and nothings going to change except people repeating themselves over and over and then basically screaming at each other that they are wrong 

Dontcha love internet debates 

Just speaking again for the mass of RL fans out there again . I couldn’t give a S**t about his politics I want to see stars play . Joaquin Phoenix is a ###### and full of S**t but I enjoyed watching his talents on display . I think most people are sick to the  back teeth of politics invading every corner of life . Lads a star chuck him a ball . 

oh and another thing has anyone Stuck a Mike in SWBs face and asked him his views see below . But don’t worry he can do what he wants can’t he .....

Sonny Bill Williams - a devout Muslim - has pointedly gone out of his way display his religiosity. The hulking centre famously taped over two Investec logos on his Blues shirt last year, successfully arguing he had a right to do so as a conscientious objector.

“My objection to wearing clothing that markets banks, alcohol and gambling 

companies is central to my religious beliefs, and it is important to me to have been granted this exemption," said Williams at the time. 

While we don't know the exact nature of his religious beliefs around homosexuality, it's probably not an enormous leap to speculate that as a devout Muslim, his views might not be hugely dissimilar to that of Folau's as a devout Christian. 

What we can say is that he has already courted criticism for his friendship with Zimbabwean born Muslim cleric Mufti Ismail Menk.

enk had been banned from speaking at a number of UK Universities and had at one stage described homosexuals as 'filthy' and suggested that they were lower than animals. The cleric has since retracted those remarks, saying they were based on a 'misguided notion'. 

In January 2017 Williams' role as a BMW ambassador was questioned - according to Newsroom.co.nz - on the back of complaints about the player's association with the controversial cleric. Menk - for his part - described Sonny Bill as a 'wonderful person' and someone who he knew at 'close range'.

1 hour ago, Poower Lad said:

While we don't know the exact nature of his religious beliefs around homosexuality

This is the only point relevant in that article. Nobody has brought it up, let alone SBW, and therefore nobody actually knows. 

If he has similar beliefs (or worse) to Falou, then he's had the good sense to refrain from sharing them.

9 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Didn't Emminem just preformed at the OSCAR's and most of his songs are anti-homosexual. Could we see a Israel Folau, Emmninen duet concert in the future at Ethihad Stadium Manchester?

I hope so.

Sorry didn't realise this was a thread on the moral ethics of the Oscars and their policies, I thought this was about the RFL?

I think the RFL, SL and the clubs are getting in a right mess over this.  We've had domestic abusers, drug cheats, criminals and dog-botherers  in Super League.  I think Folau's comments are despicable.  But I think it's very dangerous territory to start vetting signings, and when clubs get involved it's absolutely rife for conflicts of interest.  

9 minutes ago, Tonka said:

I think the RFL, SL and the clubs are getting in a right mess over this.  We've had domestic abusers, drug cheats, criminals and dog-botherers  in Super League.  I think Folau's comments are despicable.  But I think it's very dangerous territory to start vetting signings, and when clubs get involved it's absolutely rife for conflicts of interest.  

I wonder if Wigan or leeds had signed him whether this would've blown up like this 

Perhaps bc it's an upstart rather than a traditional club who did it 

5 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

I wonder if Wigan or leeds had signed him whether this would've blown up like this 

Perhaps bc it's an upstart rather than a traditional club who did it 

Yes, Wigan are always given an easy ride here. Opposition fans generally love them.

1 hour ago, Poower Lad said:

Can we as a forum ask him to outline his beliefs on this ? . 

If you do, you will open an enormous can of worms, which will haunt us for decades.

Huge numbers of people from all over the world are anti-gay.

They are wrong. So what are we going to do about it?

For a start we should stop acting surprised.

Thankfully, we have laws in this country, to curb the worst excesses of these evangelists, but expecting them all to renounce their beliefs, just because we say so, is extremely naive.

If they ever do, it will take a very long time indeed. Our best hope of changing these erroneous beliefs is by persuasion, not force.

The club, and the RFL have an agreement with Israel Folau, to keep quiet, so lets see whether he's willing to honour his agreement or not.

But backing others into a corner and forcing them to reveal their beliefs on this subject is very unwise indeed.

Archived