QUIZ: Super League’s all-time leading try scorers

Just forget about the hundred years before Super League eh?  There were no incredible try scorers then!! Same as in football , nothing happened before Premiership or Premier League. Really annoys me.

Ditto ^^

Most of the greatest and most prolific ever try scorers are pre SL. Stop this nonsense now.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, Padge said:

Ditto ^^

Most of the greatest and most prolific ever try scorers are pre SL. Stop this nonsense now.

Yes I was surprised how few Pie-eaters were in there.

TRL can do a quiz on whatever they like.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 hours ago, meast said:

I'd love to have a go, except it's not accepting any answers ?

Or maybe Eorl Crabtree was just incorrect..?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Yes I was surprised how few Pie-eaters were in there.

TRL can do a quiz on whatever they like.

Warrington has the highest try scorer and he is ignored, but don't let your frothy mouthed hatred get in the way, kick on.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Warrington has the highest try scorer and he is ignored, but don't let your frothy mouthed hatred get in the way, kick on.

You are the one getting angry about a quiz.

Bevan has a statue, a wall and a world record. I can't imagine he would be bitter about a quiz on a rugby website if he were still about.

12 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

You are the one getting angry about a quiz.

Bevan has a statue, a wall and a world record. I can't imagine he would be bitter about a quiz on a rugby website if he were still about.

Angry don't think so, thinking something is a nonsense is far from being angry about it.

Its a nonsense to pretend SL is not RL and that all records pre-SL are null and void.

Though I do understand that Warrington do probably have a better SL record than alltime RL record previous to SL (considering CC wins*) so that is why you are getting all frothy mouthed and angry.

Should you not be on RLFans.

*I haven't checked and don't really care.

SL is a convenient era for this sort of quiz as most people will be able to get off a fair chunk of them. The full, great history of our game would be interesting but it will inevitably limit the number of people who can realistically participate. Getting angry about it is curious, easily offended behaviour.

Despite that, this is actually pretty hard. I rattled five or six off quite quickly, especially the Leeds ones, but after that there are some real compilers in there (as the RLD would say) who I would happily bet almost nobody will get. I also spent about a minute going through different spellings of the name of one voracious winger who in one season went toe to toe with SL's all time try scorer only to find they weren't in the list anyway.

15 hours ago, bazzzz65 said:

Just forget about the hundred years before Super League eh?  There were no incredible try scorers then!! Same as in football , nothing happened before Premiership or Premier League. Really annoys me.

Blimey.

It's just a bit of fun, y'know.

It's clearly labelled as a quiz about Super League. It's not like we implied the quiz was about the whole history of the sport, or that we haven't run quizzes on TRL about non-Super League things...

https://www.totalrl.com/?s=quiz

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

Blimey.

It's clearly labelled as a quiz about Super League. It's not like we implied the quiz was about the whole history of the sport, or that we haven't run quizzes on TRL about non-Super League things...

Can't be having a bit of fun on here you know! ?

On 07/02/2020 at 09:58, John Drake said:

Blimey.

I think including the words "all time" in the thread title hardly helped.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

32 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I think including the words "all time" in the thread title hardly helped.

Dunno about everyone else, but ‘Super League’s all-time’ is pretty clear to me. 

5 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Dunno about everyone else, but ‘Super League’s all-time’ is pretty clear to me. 

While it's clear in meaning, it just sounds wrong to me.

I would say "all time" is hardly a phrase to apply to summat that only started in 1996.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

While it's clear in meaning, it just sounds wrong to me.

I would say "all time" is hardly a phrase to apply to summat that only started in 1996.

I know, I guess we all read things differently. 

When I watch Match Of The Day, Alan Shearer is often introduced as the Premier League’s all time top scorer, it sounds right to me and I don’t start thinking ‘what about Jimmy Greaves and Tom Finney’ etc.

2 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I know, I guess we all read things differently. 

When I watch Match Of The Day, Alan Shearer is often introduced as the Premier League’s all time top scorer, it sounds right to me and I don’t start thinking ‘what about Jimmy Greaves and Tom Finney’ etc.

Ah yes, but the Premier League started way back in 1992.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Ah yes, but the Premier League started way back in 1992.

I know, a whole 4 years before SL...things were so much different back then, hard to imagine some of the teams in the league back then!

2 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I know, a whole 4 years before SL...things were so much different back then, hard to imagine some of the teams in the league back then!

I think it was still in black and white.

Just like the best things...

Archived