Dual registration with Rochdale Hornets

manu266

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/toronto-agree-dual-registration-deal-with-rochdale-26782/

Well I was there last Saturday. Not to negotiate the deal but to visit the hopwood hall college training facilities and i can tell you this is great choice. Great rugby league town this is, nice people, nice pubs, nice food, nice team, nice partnership coming.

The deal goes both way so Wolfpack players can play for rochdale if they need game time but most importantly rochdale players can be called if the pack has too many injuries.

4 hours ago, manu266 said:

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/toronto-agree-dual-registration-deal-with-rochdale-26782/

Well I was there last Saturday. Not to negotiate the deal but to visit the hopwood hall college training facilities and i can tell you this is great choice. Great rugby league town this is, nice people, nice pubs, nice food, nice team, nice partnership coming.

The deal goes both way so Wolfpack players can play for rochdale if they need game time but most importantly rochdale players can be called if the pack has too many injuries.

You are too modest Manu?

It’s a great initiative for both clubs. I was worried about the WP having enough cover if an injury run occurs so at least they will have a full squad at all times. The chance for the dual training, WP players being loaned and exposure of Hornet players in SL is too good a chance for them to ignore as well.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Are TWP still signing Quinn Ngawati? I suppose he'd be an obvious one to go get some game time with Rochdale. As for players going the other way, I can't imagine you'd want to see too many Rochdale players facing the likes of Saints and Warrington but if injuries hit later in the season it's certainly better than nothing.

Well playing for a UK team Quinn Ngawati will probably count as oversees player, so if Rochdale has space for him, sure, but now Salford coach is not pleased with the exception TWP is asking on the 2 free U21 players, so I don’t think it’s official yet and will probably even not be allowed this season?

So does this mean any Rochdale players called up to play for us aren't counted against the salary cap?

In that case I'd use a bunch in the Challenge Cup and get that out of the way much like what Liverpool did this week, sending out their complete U-23 squad to compete in their FA Cup game while the first team all went on vacation.

8 hours ago, TIWIT said:

So does this mean any Rochdale players called up to play for us aren't counted against the salary cap?

In that case I'd use a bunch in the Challenge Cup and get that out of the way much like what Liverpool did this week, sending out their complete U-23 squad to compete in their FA Cup game while the first team all went on vacation.

I might be wrong but i’m not sure they’d be allowed to play in the challenge cup. 

On 09/02/2020 at 01:28, TIWIT said:

In that case I'd use a bunch in the Challenge Cup and get that out of the way

Speaking as an occasional follower of the Hornets I have to say that none of their squad are remotely near SL standard so that's a non starter. Many of the players are fresh out of the amateur ranks and their priority will be adjusting to semi pro RL.

As for the CC, I would also think that this would be against the competition rules. And even if it isn't any player that has already appeared for Rochdale in the earlier rounds of the cup will automatically be barred from playing for another club. Don't know if you have a similar phrase in Canada but it's commonly known as being "cup tied". And what if TWP draw the Hornets in the cup??? It's a bit of a minefield.

I think that the tie up with the Hornets is a good thing seeing as it is the club nearest to your UK training base but don't expect any player developments going from Rochdale to TWP in the short term.

Conversely if SBW needs some more game time under his belt then that would be interesting.....very unlikely to happen but would be make for an interesting thread on this forum.

Archived