another back gone

redditchbulldog

See in this weeks Press we have signed 3 players all forwards but more importantly IMO is that we have lost another back as Walker has left the club due to relocating and he was the one with some pace when fit that is badly needed

https://www.thepressnews.co.uk/sportsnews/three-sign-for-dogs-as-walker-departs-

come on its backs we need to get signed up and someone with some pace

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

59 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

See in this weeks Press we have signed 3 players all forwards but more importantly IMO is that we have lost another back as Walker has left the club due to relocating and he was the one with some pace when fit that is badly needed

https://www.thepressnews.co.uk/sportsnews/three-sign-for-dogs-as-walker-departs-

come on its backs we need to get signed up and someone with some pace

At least it will free up one of the physios benches

IMG_0583.JPG

28 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

So was the rumour that we might be signing sammut and going dr with hull lol. 

Sammut was never mentioned in the press that was nosey Parker and if you saw Kevin’s programme notes he says go visit him before reading that article 

Hull signed Naulago from the Army last season, he seemed to be okay to attend training etc, Hull are full time too, so we could surely have them for a couple of nights a week and on a Sunday? If you get a chance, both are well worth a watch, pacey, strong and looked solid under the high ball.

Depends what he does in the Army. Might be a 9 - 5 pen pusher with every weekend off.

Do we have anyone who does any scouting for us?  Have we signed any amateur players from teams other than within local radius over the last few years?

I'm disappointed with what doesn't appear to be the input from Karl Harrison, I, and I think a few more, expected something pro-active from him due to his contacts within the game. On looking at the squad, we look like yet another make do and mend side i.e Scotty as a winger, Browny as an open-side prop. I sèe from Rhinos that we're now apparently their 2nd choice DR club, let us have a centre and a quick winger at least and maybe a ball player. Have you seen that tweet Rog?

1 hour ago, phildog said:

let us have a centre and a quick winger at least and maybe a ball player. Have you seen that tweet Rog?

You need to nip over to Fev PD you'd slot right in there..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, phildog said:

I'm disappointed with what doesn't appear to be the input from Karl Harrison, I, and I think a few more, expected something pro-active from him due to his contacts within the game. On looking at the squad, we look like yet another make do and mend side i.e Scotty as a winger, Browny as an open-side prop. I sèe from Rhinos that we're now apparently their 2nd choice DR club, let us have a centre and a quick winger at least and maybe a ball player. Have you seen that tweet Rog?

I have mentioned on a previous post Phildog, that Karl Harrison maybe is having an input, but what he can't do is sign the cheques for players he recommends. We obviously have a budget, but one that is way below players that he brings up on his radar. 

On 10/02/2020 at 11:51, phildog said:

For the second time, as long as the Leeds/Fev DR agreement in place players cannot be DR'd from Leeds to Batley (or any other team in the 'core areas'). The agreement being touted only allows for Batley players to be DR'd to Leeds Reserves!

4 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

The most amusing thing about that is the quote about him not being fit enough to play RL yet - it seems he has played 9 games for Cleckheaton this season, including 5 in 2020, yet isn't fit enough for our code, which says plenty!

14 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The most amusing thing about that is the quote about him not being fit enough to play RL yet - it seems he has played 9 games for Cleckheaton this season, including 5 in 2020, yet isn't fit enough for our code, which says plenty!

I agree , but I think the problem is he bulked up to play union

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived