The Greatest Rugby League Player of All Time

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get the chance to see Bevan or Sullivan play so I can't really comment. 

I think there is a very decent argument for either Hanley or Lewis to be the best of all time.

I think that covers all of them!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

All depends on who is voting. Someone who has watched SL and Leeds for the past 20 years would probably think Sinfield is the greatest but he maybe doesnt know who say Andrew John's is or ever saw Ellery Hanley play.

Likewise someone in Oz maybe doesnt know any British players except maybe the likes of Morley or Burgess etc.

Same these days when every kid argues about the best ever soccer player- Messi or Ronaldo but anyone over 30 will laugh and say Maradona was far better than both as he played in a tougher era on poor pitches etc - older fans will say Best or Pele etc

It's all relative to who is voting.

The Answer to this question by the way is Ellery Hanley.

Kevin Sinfield!

KEVIN Sinfield!

KEVIN SINFIELD!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Kevin Sinfield! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Excuse me for a minute!

the only one who could make an actual top 5 would be lewis.   names that are better than the residue :

johns, lockyer, messenger, churchill, gasnier, langlangs, raper, sterling, meninga

fittler daley

i could probably name loads more too

5 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Kevin Sinfield!

KEVIN Sinfield!

KEVIN SINFIELD!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Kevin Sinfield! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Excuse me for a minute!

I see you got the joke.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

6 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Kevin Sinfield!

KEVIN Sinfield!

KEVIN SINFIELD!

Excuse me for a minute!

Not very nice laughing kid...

Now so we all dont laugh at you - just let us know how many SL games you played, points you scored, dream teams you made, GFs you won, CCFs you won, GB caps  England caps and I'm assuming you won at least 2 golden boots for best player on the world as Sinfield only won that the once.....

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

the only one who could make an actual top 5 would be lewis.   names that are better than the residue :

johns, lockyer, messenger, churchill, gasnier, langlangs, raper, sterling, meninga

fittler daley

Well this post has confirmed something I already suspected.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

fittler daley

Hanley in the top 5 for me.

As modern Forwards goes Jamie Peacock all day long.

5 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Now so we all dont laugh at you - just let us know how many SL games you played, points you scored, dream teams you made, GFs you won, CCFs you won, GB caps  England caps and I'm assuming you won at least 2 golden boots for best player on the world as Sinfield only won that the once.....

The list is the top 5 players of all time apparently , and in no instance in the whole history of the universe can you put Sinfield in there .

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Give over. Sinfield. Fantastic player and a great career. Top 5 of all time? He wasn’t even the best player in his team!

7 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

He's right though.  Maybe you can argue for Bevan.  

1 minute ago, aj1908 said:

Hanley not in the top five but not far off imo 

He got found out a bit against the kangaroos 

Keep digging.

3 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Never said Sinfield top 5, I said Hanley is though.

All I said about Sinfield was that we have a keyboard warrior laughing at a great player.

Only bc sinfield was in the top 5

He's a great player but nowhere near the best ever

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

It's 5 players selected by the RFL's 125 "super fans", presumably one of the criteria was having played for a British club. 

That would make more sense 

Johns played for Warrington so he goes to the top of the list 

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

Three fairly forgettable games. I'd still put him just behind Wally Lewis, in any case.

If it's how they played in England of course he had only one good game 

Then if so what about Jamie Lyon? He probably did more than Lewis In England

Archived