Whitehaven

moorside roughyed

8 hours ago, clifford said:

This is a must win game, we need to collect points against Swinton dewsbury whitehaven and batley.

Agreed, these games are very important. As we have seen there are some games we aren't going to be able to compete for so the other games are going to be more important. Are there any injury concerns from the Toulouse game, the less injuries the better obviously. 

The weather forecast for Cumbria is very bad all weekend, not so much the rain on Sunday, but very strong winds. So, the game could realistically, be in some doubt. Whatever, we've reluctantly cancelled our trip up, because of the conditions. 

Good luck and a safe journey to the team and anyone else who is going up. 

What we reckon the team will be if the game is on. I'd go with

Abram, Kay,Croft,Leeming,Aaronson,Charnock,Hewitt,Joy,Owen,Beckett,Langtree,Bridge,Bent. subs:Wilkinson,Spencer,Fletcher,Gwaze.

Would split up Joy and Spencer and keep Spanner on the bench so we've always got some experience on the pitch at prop. Both centres would be a huge boost as we have struggled hugely there at the start of the season. Croft may be young but he had a couple of cracking performances especially against Saints.

Looking forward to watching  this game, be interesting who comes out on top. As Haven don't have any forum presence, I'm going for an Oldam win by 10

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good workmanlike performance. But we had the game in the bag and should have gone on to win by a larger margin, but went in to self destruct mode. You cannot afford to give away penalties on their last tackle. Saying that I think the penalty try was an harsh decision, I thought their No 23 still had a chance of getting to him. Thought the ref was OK and did not take any messing from either team.

Everything seemed to go Oldhams way tonight. Lucky first try and penalty try from 20 meters out!! Never seen a penalty try giving so far away from the try line. Unbelievable!! 

But both teams need a bit of luck in this league and Oldham had it tonight. 

Good luck for the rest of the season hope both teams stay up. 

A win's a win, even scrappy ones like this. A couple of years ago we were losing close games. This was an important 4 pointer. Whitehaven will be consoling themselves with missed chances and scoring more tries. But I'd rather have an ugly win than a beautiful loss. As for the penalty try, I always thought a trip ,whether deliberate or not, was a straight red? Thought the player was lucky to only get 10 .minutes.

Archived