leigh v kneets

georgeb1

looking forward to another visit to the lsv on sunday , hybrid pitch , covered seating , free on site parking, nice pub on site, excellent motorway access.

what could possibly go wrong, up the kneets.       

On 10/02/2020 at 08:57, georgeb1 said:

looking forward to another visit to the lsv on sunday , hybrid pitch , covered seating , free on site parking, nice pub on site, excellent motorway access.

Looking forward to seeing you there John... Me you and Vicky on the roadtrip !

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 08:57, georgeb1 said:

Well, the result hopefully!

Seriously though, two cracking, nothing-in-it games with you, last season, and this one should be the same. On the evidence of our two games, so far, we seem to have a much tougher, more competitive team this season, with a big, mobile pack, so your guys need to be ready for it! Of course, being sport, what's gone before, is often irrelevant - but I'm still expecting a belter of a game.

Hope you can turn up in numbers, despite the long journey, and awful weather. It's great inside LSV, when there is a loud crowd on. Travel safely, if you're coming.

56 minutes ago, White Knight said:

See Danny W and Perry W missing from the 21, as is Connor, who has served his ban but assume still recovering from the injury picked up in Toulouse. Good to see Jimmy in action.

Are you sure Connor has served his ban? I know it was meant to be for the Bulls game but with that being cancelled I assumed his ban rolls over to the next game.

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

Are you sure Connor has served his ban? I know it was meant to be for the Bulls game but with that being cancelled I assumed his ban rolls over to the next game.

Correct , Connor banned for Leigh game,  still should be a cracker hopefully looking forward to seeing sharpy at fullback , up the kneets???

Anyone heard anything about today’s game? Leigh’s Twitter looks quiet, as does their forum on rlfans. Looks rainy and windy but playable in York, how are things on the wrong side of the hills.....

15 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Anyone heard anything about today’s game? Leigh’s Twitter looks quiet, as does their forum on rlfans. Looks rainy and windy but playable in York, how are things on the wrong side of the hills.....

Hopefully with their hybrid pitch and modern stadium things should be o.k .

Going to listen to radio York at 10 ,normally on the ball , see you there, up the kneets???

55 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Hopefully with their hybrid pitch and modern stadium things should be o.k .

Going to listen to radio York at 10 ,normally on the ball , see you there, up the kneets???

Hi there. Game is definitely on. Not raining but very windy over here in leigh. Our pitch has very good drainage and undersoil heating. Safe travels to you all. Let's hope its a good game ?

9 hours ago, Leytherdave said:

Hi there. Game is definitely on. Not raining but very windy over here in leigh. Our pitch has very good drainage and undersoil heating. Safe travels to you all. Let's hope its a good game ?

Great performance by your guy's today , enjoyed the game but shows we have a long way to go to be up amongst the playoff contenders this season???

I don't quite understand the negative comments on twitter and social media that are coming about. Asking questions if we are good enough etc. At this stage of last season (2 league games played) we were nilled by Toronto at home and only just managed to beat Dewsbury away after a second half miracle comeback. Plenty of time to go, we should have taken at least one of the opportunities out wide but as comments mention Leigh were awesome in defence and also played some good attacking stuff with some good tries. It was a low score for a majority of the game too. We have played 2 of the best sides away already and for vast majority of them held our own. The bigger tests against the teams we expect to win or compete with are to come. 

2 hours ago, HarrogateKnights said:

I don't quite understand the negative comments on twitter and social media that are coming about. Asking questions if we are good enough etc. At this stage of last season (2 league games played) we were nilled by Toronto at home and only just managed to beat Dewsbury away after a second half miracle comeback. Plenty of time to go, we should have taken at least one of the opportunities out wide but as comments mention Leigh were awesome in defence and also played some good attacking stuff with some good tries. It was a low score for a majority of the game too. We have played 2 of the best sides away already and for vast majority of them held our own. The bigger tests against the teams we expect to win or compete with are to come. 

Agree that it is too early to be drawing any kind of conclusions particularly when, as you rightly point out, we have played two of the favourites for promotion.

But sport is about momentum and the trend of performance, when combined with a disappointing set of pre-season results, we do need to put a together a better showing soon. For a defence that was miserly in the extreme last season we have shipped 10 tries in two league games - 17 in five if you include the pre-season. In return we have crossed the opposition whitewash just 6 times in those five matches. This drop in creativity has, in my opinion, never really been corrected since the unfortunate loss of Ben Cockayne. We lack that bit of unpredictable 'maverick' that Ben had in spades and that other teams at this level seem to possess. 

Of course, all easier said than corrected - the 'joys' of commenting from this side of the keyboard - and I hope that I am made to eat every single word that I have typed! 

Couldn't agree more about the loss of Benny!  I've just come home from having a chat  with a pal of mine and I told him I could put my finger on the precise moment the Knights lost their potency in attack in my opinion. He said straight away what I was going to say. " When we lost Ben Cockayne". I've come home, put the forum on and there's Jon T., [coincidently my namesake by the way!], saying exactly the same thing. Incredible! I also agree it was a sad loss which was not and hasn't been and unfortunately won't be, easily rectified.  As has been said in another post, it's early days yet and we've had two of our hardest looking tasks of the season already so I'm certainly not too worried yet. I've every faith in Fordy and Jon F. to get us there eventually.

1 hour ago, Clarence Street said:

Couldn't agree more about the loss of Benny!  I've just come home from having a chat  with a pal of mine and I told him I could put my finger on the precise moment the Knights lost their potency in attack in my opinion. He said straight away what I was going to say. " When we lost Ben Cockayne". I've come home, put the forum on and there's Jon T., [coincidently my namesake by the way!], saying exactly the same thing. Incredible! I also agree it was a sad loss which was not and hasn't been and unfortunately won't be, easily rectified.  As has been said in another post, it's early days yet and we've had two of our hardest looking tasks of the season already so I'm certainly not too worried yet. I've every faith in Fordy and Jon F. to get us there eventually.

Don't think you can just blame the loss of Ben Cockayne as we played without him at the back end of the season,but what the team lacks is pace especially in the back three(forwards),maybe putting Liam into the 2nd row will offer the team something different to what we have now,but we are only 2 games into the season and have probably played 2 of best teams in the division.

Yep we need some spark from somewhere. Not sure how we find it though. When you look at players we have had in recent years who provided that bit of the unpredictable Benny, junior, jbf, and ash all spring to mind. 

Also, defensivley I think our wings are weak at present. In Fordy we trust...this is one if his biggest tests of his coaching career I feel.

Up the Kneets! 

Archived