leigh v kneets

georgeb1

What I’m trying to say is we are 2 games in having played 2 of the most fancied sides away. Hand on heart didn’t think we’d win either nor do I think they will win in London another largely full time club 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

You seem to be suffering the same nightmare start we (Leigh) have had after a successful season, in a couple of years gone by - the 'reward' of having to play the most fancied teams, at the start of the following season. Strange how the 'draw' works! I felt better on Sunday, when I heard that Connor Robinson's suspension was carried forward to our game. On our games with you last season, he was a big influence, as Danny Washbrook must be.

Keep the faith - good teams don't become poor overnight.

See you for a closer game later in the season.

Didn't really start hitting our straps until halfway through the Widnes home game just after Easter last year and we finished third. I'm sure we'll do alright. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

14 hours ago, paul said:

Don't think you can just blame the loss of Ben Cockayne as we played without him at the back end of the season,but what the team lacks is pace especially in the back three(forwards),maybe putting Liam into the 2nd row will offer the team something different to what we have now,but we are only 2 games into the season and have probably played 2 of best teams in the division.

when fully fit joe porter adds the pace in the middle ,a big threat when running lines , as for halfback i feel ben johnson will be fine given time,   as said previously 2 of the top 5 out of the way on their soil .

After the Challenge Cup draw for me personally it's not the worse thing that could happen to lose that one away to London. We should play the youngest squad possible, rest the key players and regroup for 'Fax away where it sounds like we will have some numbers fans wise, a few back to choose from in the squad and hopefully better conditions, i.e. No wind as definitely got to be one of the best surfaces at Leigh in the comp. 

On 17/02/2020 at 11:04, JonT said:

Agree that it is too early to be drawing any kind of conclusions particularly when, as you rightly point out, we have played two of the favourites for promotion.

But sport is about momentum and the trend of performance, when combined with a disappointing set of pre-season results, we do need to put a together a better showing soon. For a defence that was miserly in the extreme last season we have shipped 10 tries in two league games - 17 in five if you include the pre-season. In return we have crossed the opposition whitewash just 6 times in those five matches. This drop in creativity has, in my opinion, never really been corrected since the unfortunate loss of Ben Cockayne. We lack that bit of unpredictable 'maverick' that Ben had in spades and that other teams at this level seem to possess. 

Of course, all easier said than corrected - the 'joys' of commenting from this side of the keyboard - and I hope that I am made to eat every single word that I have typed! 

Just getting my tea ready

eating-words.jpg

Archived