NRL Nines 14th-15th Feb 2020

This year the tournament is being held in Perth at the HBF Park, this Friday/Saturday.

Here's a fixture list:

NRL Nines 2020 draw

Game no.FixtureTime (AEDT)

Day 1 – Friday, Feb 14

Game 1 – NRLWWarriors vs Roosters7:05pm

Game 2Panthers vs Roosters7:30pm

Game 3Warriors vs Knights7:55pm

Game 4Bulldogs vs Eels8:20pm

Game 5Dragons vs Sharks8:45pm

Game 6Raiders vs Titans9:15pm

Game 7Tigers vs Rabbitohs9:40pm

Game 8Cowboys vs Broncos10:05pm

Game 9Storm vs Sea Eagles10:30pm

Game 10 – NRLWBroncos vs Dragons10:55pm

Day 2 – Saturday, Feb 15

Game 11 – NRLWRoosters vs Broncos1:20pm

Game 12 – NRLWWarriors vs Dragons1:45pm

Game 13Knights vs Panthers2:10pm

Game 14Roosters vs Warriors2:35pm

Game 15Sharks vs Bulldogs3pm

Game 16Eels vs Dragons3:25pm

Game 17Rabbitohs vs Raiders3:55pm

Game 18Titans vs Tigers4:20pm

Game 19Sea Eagles vs Cowboys4:45pm

Game 20Broncos vs Storm5:10pm

Finals – Saturday, Feb 15

Quarter-final 1TBC vs TBC5:40pm

Quarter-final 2TBC vs TBC6:05pm

Quarter-final 3TBC vs TBC6:30pm

Quarter-final 4TBC vs TBC6:55pm

Game 25 – NRLWBroncos vs Warriors7:20pm

Game 26 – NRLWDragons vs Roosters7:45pm

Semi-final 1TBC vs TBC8:20pm

Semi-final 2TBC vs TBC8:45pm

Women’s finalTBC vs TBC9:25pm

FinalTBC vs TBC10pm

The men’s competition features all 16 NRL teams divided into four pools. Each team will play three matches against other teams in their group. As the name suggests, matches are played between two sides of nine players in nine-minute halves.

Quarter-finals, semi-finals and a final are then played on the second day.

For the women, four NRLW teams will participate in a round robin tournament.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perth Nines Comp rules:

Two nine-minute halves with a two-minute half time period.

Nine players a side with five unlimited interchange players.

Scrums are only formed after a double knock on, with attacking teams electing which side to feed the ball.

No video referee, with one on-field referee, two touch judges and two in-goal judges.

Five minute golden try period in qualifying rounds with the match deemed a draw if there is no score, while unlimited golden try for the finals.

A tap restart takes place after a 40/20.

Five points for a try scored in the bonus zone under the posts, with two point drop kick conversion attempts.

The scoring team will have a drop-kick kick-off at the half way mark to restart play.

Three minute sin bins.

Five tackles in a set.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

There's some migraine inducing shirts amongst that lot, Rooster's & Cowboys the best for me.

I've booked Friday off work, and the whole thing kicks off at a very reasonable 8am (UK time).

On Saturday, however, with it starting at 2am, I will be skipping a few matches!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Graham said:

How will you watch it Futtocks? Where is it being shown in UK?

Friday: Sky Sports Main Event & Arena, plus Watch NRL

Saturday: Sky Sports Action & Watch NRL

Plus the usual host of dodgy streaming sites/services, of course.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Graham said:

I paid and had WatchNRL again last season. I wonder if this tournament is part of last season’s payment?

I have found this WatchNRL timetable for the two days with UK times:

F934FFB6-2809-4FE0-A38E-154BD93613E2.thumb.jpeg.5bdc7773a449282564bba734c6580f3c.jpeg

If I see any comment about sensational matches early on Saturday, there's always Across the Tasman.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think the Broncos, Panthers and Eels have sent the strongest squads but with 9's you can never tell and it could be some of the younger squads who shine.

Day off work... looking forward to this.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Morning all!

The Warriors women have forgotten their kit, so have had to borrow the men's team's shirts. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Warriors win the first women's match.

Now the AFL player Nick Davis takes to the field for the Roosters' men's team.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I notice Davis didn't fancy having a go at tackling Kikau. He almost ran the other way.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

I notice Davis didn't fancy having a go at tackling Kikau. He almost ran the other way.

An intelligent chap!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived