NRL Nines 14th-15th Feb 2020

1 hour ago, unapologetic pedant said:

This might weaken the momentum for a WA NRL franchise that was building after last year`s Origin. When held in Auckland the NRL nines were much better supported, though these attendances in Perth still looked a bit better than for the World nines in Sydney. It will be interesting to see the viewing figures on Fox League, the ratings for the World nines were surprisingly healthy.

Hasn’t the Origin games and the regular NRL games that have been held there been fairly well attended? If the attendance for a completely different format of the game is so pivotal, the Sydney clubs must be moved too due to the Nines World Cup held in Sydney. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/02/2020 at 09:02, Hela Wigmen said:

Hasn’t the Origin games and the regular NRL games that have been held there been fairly well attended? If the attendance for a completely different format of the game is so pivotal, the Sydney clubs must be moved too due to the Nines World Cup held in Sydney. 

Good point. And why have the West Coast Pirates in the SG Ball if not with a view to a Perth NRL franchise?

Finally finished watching the nines, somehow it seemed a little flat compared to the previous one's, maybe due to the lower crowd's or that the likes of Shaun Johnson didn't fire to ramp up the anticipation, he really is a shadow of his former self especially in the nines. A few new names emerged just have to hope they can make it into the NRL team's though pace is always a advantage.

That St. George women's team has to be the best looking team I have ever seen (even better than Fevs  63/64 team!) and those shorts should be compulsory in the Women's game???.                      Um, forget that I just remembered some of those forwards of the Kiwi girls.

Disappointing final result but plenty of positives , plus negatives in three injuries. Congrats to the women’s team as well . Overall , despite some great highlights , I never thought the comp really fired on all cylinders for whatever reason . Still it’s a good watch and I can’t wait for the season proper . 

15 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Finally finished watching the nines, somehow it seemed a little flat compared to the previous one's, maybe due to the lower crowd's or that the likes of Shaun Johnson didn't fire to ramp up the anticipation, he really is a shadow of his former self especially in the nines. A few new names emerged just have to hope they can make it into the NRL team's though pace is always a advantage.

That St. George women's team has to be the best looking team I have ever seen (even better than Fevs  63/64 team!) and those shorts should be compulsory in the Women's game???.                      Um, forget that I just remembered some of those forwards of the Kiwi girls.

Not keen on your comment about the Kiwi girls, but fully back your compliments to the St. George women. They should sign Elle Frain from Leeds.

On 14/02/2020 at 09:22, Dunbar said:

I know we do this subject to death but I have to say what a pleasure it is to see properly executed play the ball's.

More than just a pleasure sometimes. After watching one of our games, I need quickly to see a video clip from overseas of correct PTBs. It puts a soothing balm on seething frustration.

Josh McGuire has suffered a torn medial meniscus in his left knee during NRL Nines weekend in Perth.

The club confirmed the news via the club website on Monday afternoon.

The Queensland representative suffered the injury in the Cowboys’ quarter-final against the Rabbitohs on Saturday.

North Queensland issued the following statement: “Scans have confirmed Josh McGuire suffered a torn medial meniscus in his left knee in Saturday’s NRL Nines quarter-final against South Sydney.

McGuire will have surgery in Townsville tomorrow and is expected to return by Round 2.

The MCL tear set to sideline Dragons' skipper Cameron McInnes for up to three months.

The hooker hurt his knee during last weekend’s Nines tournament and is expected to miss the opening few rounds of the 2020 season.

Dragons head of performance Nathan Pickworth said the timeline of the injury could vary from anywhere from 6-12 weeks.

4 hours ago, Graham said:

The MCL tear set to sideline Dragons' skipper Cameron McInnes for up to three months.

The hooker hurt his knee during last weekend’s Nines tournament and is expected to miss the opening few rounds of the 2020 season.

Dragons head of performance Nathan Pickworth said the timeline of the injury could vary from anywhere from 6-12 weeks.

Wonderful ...?

Archived