NRL Nines 14th-15th Feb 2020

1 minute ago, Graham said:

The day seems to have been free of injury up until this.

I didn't see some of the early games though.

I watched all of it, and there wasn't anything serious 'til this game, unless I missed something.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way I'll be up early enough to watch all of tomorrow's action, but today was good and I'll catch as many Saturday matches as I can.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was an enjoyable day and I always enjoy watching Rugby League but iit's not a patch on 13 aside... I love the attritional nature of Rugby League where you earn the right to score and this part is missing in this format.

Of course it has a part to play in our calendar and I think it can be a vehicle to attract more fans etc. so I support it.

And I will be watching tomorrow. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Madness to have it on a Friday, on Valentine's Day. It's almost an act of sabotage.

Anyway. I did my bit. I bought a ticket!

I've been enjoying the Nines. Happy with the Titans yesterday even if it was against an inexperienced Raiders.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

Morning all!

Unfortunate controversy at the end of the Penrith/St George match. Now watching a very sharp-looking Titans side v Manly.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Titans 24:0 Manly, and the latter rarely looked liked scoring.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

How good was that try.  Right on half time and the hail Mary pays off 

A beauty!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Brisbane women are a class up from the Warriors.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Brisbane v St George-Illawarra in the women's final.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

And Parra don't make the final! A last-gasp try (and a real one this time) gets the Dragons through.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Graham said:

A patient Dragons side snatched victory in the end over Eels in the first semi final.

They deserved their win.

Gutherson seemed to get a bit of an arm injury near the end. Hopefully that’s not going to be an issue going forward.

Hmmm, I wonder who's got Gutherson in their SC squad .....

Archived