Oh Dear

NickD

Well.  I said to the Mrs ...we'll get Whitehaven away and I was right.   There could have been a worse draw but Im struggling to think of it..Suggestions on a postcard please....

Leigh, Widnes, Feath, London away for starters! And no doubt Haven fans would say Workington away! Both teams will look at this and think “we can win it” which makes it an interesting tie, as a win means a possible £ payday for a match against an SL club - I am sure Fax fans loved their cup run last season and Bradford beating Leeds  (as did many championship fans)and I would love it too if we put a run together with a favourable draw. No matter what the doom mongers say the Cup still can deliver great moments (and intense disappointment as I remember two SF defeats forbid in the early 70’s) and it all starts now! 

23 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Leigh, Widnes, Feath, London away for starters! And no doubt Haven fans would say Workington away! Both teams will look at this and think “we can win it” which makes it an interesting tie, as a win means a possible £ payday for a match against an SL club - I am sure Fax fans loved their cup run last season and Bradford beating Leeds  (as did many championship fans)and I would love it too if we put a run together with a favourable draw. No matter what the doom mongers say the Cup still can deliver great moments (and intense disappointment as I remember two SF defeats forbid in the early 70’s) and it all starts now! 

Good point about London but at least we'd make a few bob at the others you mention,   If we lose at Whitehaven we'd almost certainly make a loss...

Guess we better win...

• 2 weeks later...

What sort of team do you think we’ll send?

like to see Punchard given a run out and maybe one or yeti of the others but then again it would be good to keep the momentum of Tuesday night going.  

1 hour ago, NickD said:

like to see Punchard given a run out and maybe one or yeti of the others but then again it would be good to keep the momentum of Tuesday night going.  

1 hour ago, NickD said:

maybe one or yeti 

So somebody big, ugly, hairy and on the face of it intimidating, but simultaneously shy, retiring and hard to spot. Thought Haggerty had left us.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

13 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

maybe one or yeti 

So somebody big, ugly, hairy and on the face of it intimidating, but simultaneously shy, retiring and hard to spot. Thought Haggerty had left us.

Even I don’t think I can blame predictive text for that one.  ??

Archived