Magic Weekend fan zone

5 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

If it is, please don't let us stick the Rugby AM brand of banter in front of the general public. Wagga acting like Gazza etc.

I dunno, I think theres a time and a place for Wagga - I get why some would cringe at his antics but when you're doing silly stuff like throwing a rugby ball at skittles and the like he's quite energetic and could bring positive energy.  I think JJB and Simmons are pretty presentable too and have been good when on stage doing interviews and stuff.

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I’m really hoping this is good and not just a small square in the middle of Newcastle with the RugbyAM lot screaming down microphones. The fanzone at SJP has been disappointing in the past and it’s been confined to a tiny corner of land by the Metro station. 

From what the linked press release said, the zone "will start at Grey’s Monument and work its way through the city towards St James’ Park". So, Blackett Street and Gallowgate then, and possibly Eldon Square?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

From what the linked press release said, the zone "will start at Grey’s Monument and work its way through the city towards St James’ Park". So, Blackett Street and Gallowgate then, and possibly Eldon Square?

I hope there’s some real investment into it with bright coloured signage pointing the path the zone takes and advertising what’s actually going on.

I hope the path, maybe each square as you say, is themed somewhat with a big push on the RLWC in Newcastle and Middlesbrough. 

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Last Christmas they closed off the whole of Blackett Street from Northumberland Street, past old Eldon Square, through to Percy Street for the Christmas Market, after the release on Monday I've been thinking they're probably going to do something similar.

25 minutes ago, NERugbyDad said:

Last Christmas they closed off the whole of Blackett Street from Northumberland Street, past old Eldon Square, through to Percy Street for the Christmas Market, after the release on Monday I've been thinking they're probably going to do something similar.

That would be excellent, though I imagine quite costly to fill the streets with stalls and activities. 

Archived