Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

16 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

Recommended Posts

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

Batley Bulldogs v Swinton Lions KO 3pm
Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm
Halifax v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm
Leigh Centurions v York City Knights KO 3pm
Sheffield Eagles v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm at Castle Park, Doncaster
Whitehaven v Oldham KO 6.15pm (OuRLeague App)
Widnes Vikings v London Broncos KO 3pm


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Batley Bulldogs v Swinton Lions KO 3pm - Swinton by 4
Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm - Fev by 8
Halifax v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm - Fax by 20
Leigh Centurions v York City Knights KO 3pm - Leigh by 18
Sheffield Eagles v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm at Castle Park, Doncaster - Toulouse by 24
Whitehaven v Oldham KO 6.15pm (OuRLeague App) - Haven by 10
Widnes Vikings v London Broncos KO 3pm - Widnes by 2


Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

We'll need to massively reduce our errors to be top by Sunday night. And get Dixon away from the full back position... Isn't his game

So you anticipate beating Widnes by 54 and Leigh losing🙃

Good luck with that bet.

Edited by SL17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Batley Bulldogs v Swinton Lions KO 3pm - Swinton by 4
Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm - Fev by 8
Halifax v Dewsbury Rams KO 3pm - Fax by 20
Leigh Centurions v York City Knights KO 3pm - Leigh by 18
Sheffield Eagles v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm at Castle Park, Doncaster - Toulouse by 24
Whitehaven v Oldham KO 6.15pm (OuRLeague App) - Haven by 10
Widnes Vikings v London Broncos KO 3pm - Widnes by 2

I'd go with that.


My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Wigan don’t improve fast I can see this being closer than most expect. I’m going for a four point win, either way.

The bookies have given Toronto a handicap of 16. 
 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, fevtom said:

If Wigan don’t improve fast I can see this being closer than most expect. I’m going for a four point win, either way.

The bookies have given Toronto a handicap of 16. 
 

Neither side have been relegated yet Tom 😉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wildcat said:

Neither side have been relegated yet Tom 😉

Sorry wrong thread! Maybe it was a premonition. Toronto to go down without winning a game and Wigan to be relegated for a £2.50 salary cap breach.

Anyway, while I'm here..

Batley Bulldogs 14 v 20 Swinton Lions
Bradford Bulls 20 v  24 Featherstone Rovers
Halifax 30 v 12 Dewsbury Rams
Leigh Centurions 26 v 12 York City Knights
Sheffield Eagles 10 v 40 Toulouse Olympique
Whitehaven 16 v 16 Oldham
Widnes Vikings 28 v 20 London Broncos

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Sorry wrong thread! Maybe it was a premonition. Toronto to go down without winning a game and Wigan to be relegated for a £2.50 salary cap breach.

Anyway, while I'm here..

Batley Bulldogs 14 v 20 Swinton Lions
Bradford Bulls 20 v  24 Featherstone Rovers
Halifax 30 v 12 Dewsbury Rams
Leigh Centurions 26 v 12 York City Knights
Sheffield Eagles 10 v 40 Toulouse Olympique
Whitehaven 16 v 16 Oldham
Widnes Vikings 28 v 20 London Broncos

 

You can’t have a draw


sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to Leigh v York, we owe them from last season, Leigh big, fast and strong as they showed last week v Sheffield, albeit I would like see a little more expansive stuff, Sammut yet to make a show, the Half's in Reynolds and Woods did nothing wrong, best game I have seen from Woods in a Leigh shirt so I would save Sammut for next week.

Edited by Harry Stottle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for the bookies so here goes:-

Batley Bulldogs v Swinton Lions  (Batley -8)
Bradford Bulls v Featherstone Rovers (Bradford +14)
Halifax v Dewsbury Rams (Halifax -10)
Leigh Centurions v York City Knights (Leigh -16)
Sheffield Eagles v Toulouse Olympique (Sheffield +18)
Whitehaven v Oldham KO 6.15pm (Whitehaven -6)
Widnes Vikings v London Broncos (Widnes -2)

If  the handicaps were anywhere near those(I think Leigh will be better than -16 so will be a no brainer) I would be taking Bradford, Fax, Leigh, Sheffield, Haven, and Widnes.

Edited by The Blues Ox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few close looking games this week - not sure about your +14 start for Bradford v Fev, although I haven't seen either side this season.  Hopefully Storm Dennis will have passed over before Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Sounds like Storm Dennis is going to be a leveller... 

Is that a Tongan Prop? Who`s signed him.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Looking forward to Leigh v York, we owe them from last season, Leigh big, fast and strong as they showed last week v Sheffield, albeit I would like see a little more expansive stuff, Sammut yet to make a show, the Half's in Reynolds and Woods did nothing wrong, best game I have seen from Woods in a Leigh shirt so I would save Sammut for next week.

Doing well is Woods. Must be in his 60s now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DEANO said:

You can’t have a draw

Are you sure, Deano?  What happens if nobody scores in extra time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SL17 said:

So you anticipate beating Widnes by 54 and Leigh losing🙃

Good luck with that bet.

Goal difference meaningless at this stage for me.... Top on points joint with another team or not counts for me as top

For the record yep I think York will beat Leigh and we'll beat Widnes 

I think us and Tolouse will be sitting pretty Sunday night 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Goal difference meaningless at this stage for me.... Top on points joint with another team or not counts for me as top

For the record yep I think York will beat Leigh and we'll beat Widnes 

I think us and Tolouse will be sitting pretty Sunday night 😁

Leigh and Fev in top 2 positions come the end of the season, perm it which ever way you want.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Goal difference meaningless at this stage for me.... Top on points joint with another team or not counts for me as top

For the record yep I think York will beat Leigh and we'll beat Widnes 

I think us and Tolouse will be sitting pretty Sunday night 😁

Would love to see either Toulouse or London promoted but York & Leigh will be in the mix at the business end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...