16 Feb: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely Fantastic London performance, way better than I would have expected.

If we were all in a bar the drinks would be on me..... but we are not though are we ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Very dominant Leigh performance, as I have said before big strong and mobile, the signs are looking very good on the offensive for when this team gets to know each other better on the field, as far as the defence is concerned not bad 20 points conceded in 3 games and today's nilling of a York team who I consider will be a top 5 team this term.

45 minutes ago, Willforminis said:

Decent game at Dewsbury .The Bulls are building a good team spirit.Thought Doyle had a great game.

Should finish top half of the championship.Dry sunny but b****y cold,bring on the summer.

Quite right. Much better game than I was expecting. The pitch held up pretty well.

Featherstone deserved to win because they were more adventurous but we've not disgraced ourselves against two good teams in London and Fev. We need to work on our offload game.

And Dewsbury is definitely colder than Odsal.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Haven v Oldham.  Now I know where my subbuteo lights went.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

53 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Very dominant Leigh performance, as I have said before big strong and mobile, the signs are looking very good on the offensive for when this team gets to know each other better on the field, as far as the defence is concerned not bad 20 points conceded in 3 games and today's nilling of a York team who I consider will be a top 5 team this term.

Till we play either Fev,London or Toulouse then I'm staying very calm Harry 

Danny Bridge just butchered a certain 4 points at the end of the first half to further extend a deserved lead for Oldham. Haven have been poor.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

25 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Till we play either Fev,London or Toulouse then I'm staying very calm Harry 

Me to Gubby, I have only commented on what I have seen before me, not been so bold as to make any predictions, but we as supporters are in an interesting place at the moment, looking forward to watching it all unfurl.

PS, as I said in an earlier post re the 2900 given as the attendance today, was I mistaken or did it look more to you than last week?

2 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Absolutely Fantastic London performance, way better than I would have expected.

If we were all in a bar the drinks would be on me..... but we are not though are we ?

London were pretty impressive tbh.

Played the conditions very well in the first half and literally bullied us,

We never moved forward when defending and were woeful defending our line.

London scored five tries in the first half, the total distance covered with ball in hand to score four of them must have been about ten yards.

The fifth was our customary interception gift to Kieran Dixon.

Second half with the wind behind us was more of a contest but we still managed to chuck a second interception and then for good measure they collected a Widnes chip through and scored off that.

All in all a good day for the Bronco's, not so good for Widnes.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

2 hours ago, JonM said:

3680 the attendance at Widnes,  3640 for Bradford, 2942 at Leigh

Just 619 at the Sheffield Eagles-Toulouse Olympique game.

I drove down the A19 and the M18 to catch some rugby league at Castle Park, the Doncaster Knights RUFC ground.

Toulouse made the most of having a strong wind behind them to lead 20-0 after 32 minutes. No way back from that for Sheffield! Eagles crossed on the stroke of half-time. Tighter and scrappier in the second half. Eagles went over in the 59th minute, Toulouse in the 71st. A Sheffield try, converted from the touchline, created from the last play of the game, gave the final score - 26-14 - a slightly misleading look. Toulouse, no great shakes, were stronger and faster than Eagles, who, to my neutral eye, appear to have a long, hard season ahead.

Admission was £17 and a 44-page programme cost £3.

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Me to Gubby, I have only commented on what I have seen before me, not been so bold as to make any predictions, but we as supporters are in an interesting place at the moment, looking forward to watching it all unfurl.

PS, as I said in an earlier post re the 2900 given as the attendance today, was I mistaken or did it look more to you than last week?

By no means criticism of Leigh’s support (York’s following was down on last season) but I actually thought the Leigh home end looked a bit sparse compared to the same game last season. Not sure if you were both in the home end today but sometimes terracing feels fuller than it actually is. I can’t remember the attendance at the same game last season however I’d say there were a good 400+ more in the terracing last season.

On the game itself, Leigh were impressive. Just incredibly well structured, by no means dazzling although you often find teams who are expansive with the ball often come unstuck. Leigh on the other hand look tight, solid and on that showing favourites for SL.

Archived