16 Feb: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/20 at 15:00

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Committed performance, so much better than at Hull Kingston, we deserved to win, it was great to see ? 

oh and to see Tom Johnstone in full flight after a loose pass was heartwarming ?

As a neutral one thing I’d like to see this year is Johnstone and Manfredi at Wigan get an injury free run. 

50 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well done trin, must say it was a surprise when I looked at the score. The league seems really competitive this year. Only one team hasn't won a game yet. 

Only Toronto without a win and only Giants with a 100% record. 

It's a real shame that Wire have to play those pesky teams who aren't Saint's, Wigan, Hull, Leeds otherwise they might win something, still they can look forward to another Half-back signing from the NRL in the off season and be really confident till next season's first few games?

Strangely I thought Wire looked disjointed and lacked understanding with Widdop in the halfs. Sometimes looked like Widdop, Austin and Ratchford were either all trying to do something and getting in each other’s way or were leaving it to each other and none of them stepped up!

No doubt they’ll get more fluent and have a greater understanding once they’ve played more games together.

Its a good win for Wakefield but I’m not getting carried away for a number of reasons.

Warrington looked disjointed and flat

Trinity defended well but Wire threw very little at us

We created 1 try, the other being Johnstone breaking away off a poor Wire error.

Nice 2pts but let’s see where we are after 6 games

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Well done trin, must say it was a surprise when I looked at the score. The league seems really competitive this year. Only one team hasn't won a game yet. 

The Saints fans gave us the heads up when they started singing that song about Warrington being wonky.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

51 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Strangely I thought Wire looked disjointed and lacked understanding with Widdop in the halfs. Sometimes looked like Widdop, Austin and Ratchford were either all trying to do something and getting in each other’s way or were leaving it to each other and none of them stepped up!

No doubt they’ll get more fluent and have a greater understanding once they’ve played more games together.

Its a good win for Wakefield but I’m not getting carried away for a number of reasons.

We created 1 try, the other being Johnstone breaking away off a poor Wire error.

I dont think you're giving the Wakey pack enough credit. More than matched Wire in the middle and put in some great hits in defence. Really stuck to the task and didn't let them get their offloading game going. Discipline much better than HKR as well. We deserved the win imo

54 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

A very accurate and well balanced summary.

Only downside for trinity westerman looked to have picked up a nasty shoulder injury and up till that point looked the best forward on the field

15 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

A very accurate and well balanced summary.

Only downside for trinity westerman looked to have picked up a nasty shoulder injury and up till that point looked the best forward on the field

Hope Westerman is ok, on today’s showing both him & Pitts look excellent acquisitions. Great defence throughout with some real desire shown to keep the Wolves at bay, we appeared to finish the stronger too. 

Some big names due back next week I believe, but anybody dropped after should consider themselves very unlucky!

oh yeah Josh Woods also looking a shrewd buy.

3 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Oh one last point, who had the bright idea of giving burrel a lucrative contract. Far better players in championship 

Because he is a fine athlete who will find his place and learn the nuances. If he is guilty of one 'crime' it is overreaching. That part of the game, the positioning, will become second nature in due course.

Personally I'd err towards the second row. 

Wakey were gutsy and played the conditions far better. Deserved winners from the neutral perspective. 

Wire were off the boil after looking superb the week before.

Wire fans had nothing to shout about all afternoon, which made it all the more apparent with the many overheard ramblings about the state of the ground and the local area. Shame for ‘em that games don’t get won on the number of glossy seats available. 

Archived