16 Feb: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/20 at 15:00

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last years disapointing season I decided not to predict how Wakefield will do this season.

The main reason Wakefield flopped last year was an horrific injury list. However there were other worrying signs, a lack of direction and comitment were obvious at times. Some players were simply not good enough.

This season season has seen a raft of new signings and the departure of a few and its done us the world of good. Pitts looks inspired to me, Josh Wood! What were Salford thinking, I mean he's not a world beater but he can play a bit and he has plenty of ticker. Westerman is a flawed player but he's still got plenty to give when he can be bothered, well worth a punt, Tangata is proving that he was SL all along and I was already sold on Green. Walker I'm not sure on just yet but only because he hasn't really played.

With the return of TJ who I have made clear for years is imho the best winger in SL and the iminent return of Fifita and Arona (still our key forwards) things are looking better. 

We have definitely strenghtened on last year, injuries though still remain a lottery. Thanks to the general lack of imagination and the inability to read a teamsheet many fans and less forgivingly media pundits have pretty much disgarded us, the polar opposite to last year when we were heavily tipped. Luckily that's a good thing IMHO and takes the pressure off whilst giving us a 'prove you wrong' goal.

One game however doesn't make a season and we could easily come a cropper on friday, we usually do against Cas! As I say there is no doubt we have signed well and improved a squad that already had  a good smattering of quality. Whether that translates into anything then watch this space. Like most clubs the first priority is not to end up in the million pound game, I'll consider it a major victory if this squad has managed to learn that lesson. In SL these days you simply can't affort to switch off for half a season, even if you have an injury list that would alarm Florence Nightingale.

11 hours ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

Because he is a fine athlete who will find his place and learn the nuances. If he is guilty of one 'crime' it is overreaching. That part of the game, the positioning, will become second nature in due course.

Personally I'd err towards the second row. 

I sit near a old ex pro who has seen it all and done it all. He said exactly the same but added 'also has the heart the size of a pea '

12 hours ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

Because he is a fine athlete who will find his place and learn the nuances. If he is guilty of one 'crime' it is overreaching. That part of the game, the positioning, will become second nature in due course.

Personally I'd err towards the second row. 

Haven't seen anything to suggest he'll ever be much of a player.  Just taking up an academy player's spot IMO.

Archived