16 Feb: SL: Hull FC v St Helens KO 3pm

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/20 at 15:00

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second of 5 Sunday games for us out of the first 6 outings.

Not sure, I think we have a decent chance but there's always that nagging doubt about Hull FC. I understand that Percival will be missing just as we are missing a few players. I'll be brave and go for a narrow home win.

Hullefsee 22 Sintellerns 20.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Positives for us is that Makinson will be back which allows Naiqama to move to centre and the backline to look a lot more natural this week. If Knowles returns this week as expected that is a huge boost, his contribution to the team is criminally underrated. 

Hooker remains a concern. Woolf doesn't seem to trust Smith to start, possibly due to his size / defensive weakness, but equally Bentley, decent player as he is, is not a hooker.

The game will be close and my concern is goalkicking. With no Coote or Percival, it could be Makinson with goalkicking duty, and compared to Snyed for Hull, if it comes down to goal kicks (which I think it will), that could cost us.

Anyone know who the referee for this fixture is scheduled to be?

The Appointments part of the RFL website appears to have gone and I'm interested in when Mr Hicks will referee a St Helens game,again.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

14 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Liam Moore.

Speed of attack and supporting the ball caught Hull out last week.  That is Saints game.  Write them off at your peril.

We need to sharpen up a few areas.  Reducing dropping off 1st tackle and improving marker defence coupled with a patient game, we can win well.  

Intriguing to see how this squad goes on.  Definitely playing better as a group but imo this is the acid test.

Hull by 9.

Saints were seriously out of sorts last week and even if they get Makinson & Knowles back they will be nowhere near match fit having not played since the GF last year, both only returned to full training a few weeks ago.

Then there's the matter of the WCC the following week which will undoubtedly be on the players minds.

Can't see anything other than a convincing Hull win in this one:    Hull 28 - 12 Saints

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

11 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The Appointments part of the RFL website appears to have gone and I'm interested in when Mr Hicks will referee a St Helens game,again.

I believe Liam Moore is taking charge. Interestingly, Rob Hicks isn't taking charge of a game this week. Hicks did referee our pre-season friendly against London, but not a competitive game since Wembley.

It will be interesting to see when Hicks does take charge of a St Helens game. From memory, I don't think Steve Ganson refereed at Odsal for several years after the Magic Weekend incident in 2007.

16 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

How is this game not on TV? Tie of the round. Come on Elstone, sort it out!

Both Hull and Saints have already been on TV twice. Surely it's better to see all teams on TV over the season rather than those who just happen to be near the top of the league at the time.

Archived