16 Feb: SL: Hull FC v St Helens KO 3pm

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/20 at 15:00

9 minutes ago, Treize Hombres said:

Thanks for that. At least I can finally set off now 

Safe journey.

Like the ZZ Top/RL crossover username by the way.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, MZH said:

So anyway after that strange little exchange, I can confirm that the weather in Hull actually isn't bad at all. In fact by kick off it should be pretty good conditions for RL, although the wind will still be fairly stiff.

That might play a part actually, the boy Welsby hasn't looked totally convincing under the high ball when I've seen him so I expect Sneyd to be putting snow on some of his kicks to test him out a bit. 

I go hopeful rather than confident today. We have a good enough team to win this and have played well so far, but until I see evidence that we have improved our mental fortitude I will always be slightly fearful going into games like this. 

I missed at all. Shouldn't have gone to make that cup of tea.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Got into the ground just as the heavens opened, coming down pretty hard at moment. 

Rain will stop in 18 minutes according to Accuweather.

Let me know if it doesn’t happen and I will email them over failing to meet minimum standards.

4 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Bit disappointed that there’s no neutral radio commentary on this match by R5L.

Might give Radio Merseyside a whirl while watching the cricket.

Unless there’s another option?

Is there ever a better option than an Allan Rooney commentary?

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Bit disappointed that there’s no neutral radio commentary on this match by R5L.

Might give Radio Merseyside a whirl while watching the cricket.

Unless there’s another option?

Tbf, humberside aren't so biased these days since David Doyle Davidson finished. It's a local station so you expect it to favour Hull, but Richard Stead is fairly balanced. 

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

Starting teams anyone?

Can't remember the whole teams but I'll give you the headlines. 

Fonua starts at centre for Hull, Griffin in second row, Ellis at 13. Johnstone, Fash, Matongo and Bowden on the bench. 

Saints have Welsby at FB. Makinson, Walmsley and Knowles all start. 

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

Fonua starts at centre for Hull, Griffin in second row, Ellis at 13. Johnstone, Fash, Matongo and Bowden on the bench. 

Anyone know if Roby will be fit for the WCC??

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

Ok, thank you.  I think Ellis will then be rotated with Sao and Bowden will slot in.

Amazed that Walmsley is playing as calf injuries are difficult to shake off so quickly.

Hull FC: Jamie Shaul; Ratu Naulago, Carlos Tuimavave, Mahe Fonua, Adam Swift; Jake Connor, Marc Sneyd; Scott Taylor, Danny Houghton, Ligi Sao; Josh Jones, Josh Griffin; Gareth Ellis

Interchanges: Jordan Johnstone, Masi Matongo, Brad Fash, Josh Bowden

St Helens: Jack Welsby; Tommy Makinson, Kevin Naiqama, Matty Costello, Regan Grace; Jonny Lomax, Theo Fages; Alex Walmsley, James Bentley, Luke Thompson; Zeb Taia, Dom Peyroux; Morgan Knowles

Interchanges: Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Matty Lees, Joseph Paulo, Aaron Smith

Shaun Wane is in the building!

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

0-2.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Scrappy start, a few errors already from both teams.

4-2.

6-2.

Archived