John Drake

16 Feb: SL: Hull FC v St Helens KO 3pm

Who will win?  

47 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • St Helens

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/20 at 15:00

1 minute ago, Hullfan said:

Very poor half of rugby, saints just shading it

There have been errors from both sides and not too much free flowing rugby, but it certainly hasn't been "very poor." Both teams have played with an awful lot of commitment. 

I agree that Saints have edged it, but we have scrambled really well when we have needed to and got a bit of luck with the try. We will need to create a bit more if we are going to go on and win this though. 

2 minutes ago, MZH said:

There have been errors from both sides and not too much free flowing rugby, but it certainly hasn't been "very poor." Both teams have played with an awful lot of commitment. 

I agree that Saints have edged it, but we have scrambled really well when we have needed to and got a bit of luck with the try. We will need to create a bit more if we are going to go on and win this though. 

Your not even at the game. Don't take what bbc radio humberside say as a accurate reflection of what's actually happening. Enjoy your afternoon on the armchair

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hullfan said:

Your not even at the game. Don't take what bbc radio humberside say as a accurate reflection of what's actually happening. Enjoy your afternoon on the armchair

I don't know why I bother entertaining your nonsense tbh but I can assure you that I am at the game. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MZH said:

I don't know why I bother entertaining your nonsense tbh but I can assure you that I am at the game. 

Don't feed trollfan.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Pretty pathetic from Hull in the second half. Same old same old. When the going gets tough we give up. 

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Bloody hell!  6 - 24!  Hull still in changing room?

Saints have been very good in the second half but we just haven't fronted up at all. 

Just now, MZH said:

Saints have been very good in the second half but we just haven't fronted up at all. 

Sounds like the same old same old for Hull. Had a real chance to put down a marker and blown it in spectacular style.

• Like 1

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I'm definitely not at the game, following on Twitter, and I'm a bit amazed.  It seems we couldn't score at all in the first half but in the second we have so far blitzed Hull.  I wonder what the big, bad Mr Woolf said at halftime to kick off that response? 

Hull FC have conceded a lot of penalties this half which have helped the Saints in the second half according to Radio Humberside.

Not sure whether it’s a self inflicted thing or St Helens have forced the errors.

27 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Sounds like another classy Lomax display. Good result leading into next week

I do find it frustrating though when we concede on the hooter.  

2 hours ago, MZH said:

Fonua knocks on fighting to get to the line. He looks very strong though. Hull could have some joy down that side. 

Looks very fat and unfit to me. But if you class that as strong I guess I rest my case!! 

After a scrappy first half you got the impression that whoever could control their discipline with and without the ball best would kick on and win. A shame for Hull that they seemed to go backwards early in the second half instead of kicking on with their lead and conceding back-to-back tries the way they did will be disappointing (if not surprising given the inconsistency that's plagued them under Radford). Hull scored a couple of really good tries though.

As for Saints, good to bounce back from last week, particularly in a tough away fixture. I'm still worried about our discipline though. The Aussies rarely make mistakes so you can't afford to turn the ball over cheaply. Repeat the poor discipline from the first half today and the Wire game and a tonking could be on the cards next week. Not often we go 120 minutes without scoring a try either but with Coote and Roby missing it just feels a bit clunky for now. Luckily Lomax stepped up in the second half.

Edited by Moove

Good win today for Saints. I know we had injuries and a bit of a reshuffle through the game against Warrington but I feel some premature doubters will have been silenced a bit by today, beating a Hull side many had said are contenders this year. 

The only negative seems to be another injury picked up, this time to Regan Grace. 

43 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Looks very fat and unfit to me. But if you class that as strong I guess I rest my case!! 

He struggled more as the game went on, he is clearly lacking for match fitness, but he was a handful.