15: Feb: SL: Catalans Dragons v Castleford Tigers KO 5pm (UK Time)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/20 at 17:00

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheff Wednesday are ###### ######.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I know Catalans have issues with French tv rights, but couldn't Sky have paid a one off fee to show this game ? It'll definitely have been a ratings winner. If Lionel Messi suddenly signed for Man United next week I'm sure Sky would pay to show his debut even if it's an outside  of contract game. Is Sky prohibited from producing Les Cats home games. 

12 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

What is this sorcery. The game wasn't on tv, how can we have these moving pictures of part of the game!

looks like it was filmed on my 1991 cinematic recorder, great to see folau getting some really passionate man hugs there 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

looks like it was filmed on my 1991 cinematic recorder, great to see folau getting some really passionate man hugs there 

Shame John Hopoate wasn't among the celebrations.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good crowd, obviously the thousands who it was predicted would stay away on this forum have found it within themselves to carry on watching their team. 

I thought it was a little disappointing given the fact that one of the best Rugby Union players on the planet was making his (second) debut in League.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

21 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Sky Sports News emphasising TWO people in the crowd with rainbow flags!

Some people with rainbow flags have apparently been told not to display them by stadium security.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

If Folau, Tomkins, Maloney, Drinkwater, Casty, and  McIlorum can stay fit for most of the season, then Catalans will do well in 2020. They still have David Mead to come back into the centers, and Mead also offers quality cover for Tomkins at full back.

45 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Catalans never fail to confuse me. By all accounts, they sounded really impressive tonight, meanwhile against Huddersfield they sounded appalling!

There is a tiny chance that Huddersfield were quite good. 

1 minute ago, Manfred Mann said:

If Folau, Tomkins, Maloney, Drinkwater, Casty, and  McIlorum can stay fit for most of the season, then Catalans will do well in 2020. They still have David Mead to come back into the centers, and Mead also offers quality cover for Tomkins at full back.

They have a fantastic spine of playmakers now and some real strike players. 

I still worry about their discipline and consistency but it will be an exciting season for them for sure.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

They have a fantastic spine of playmakers now and some real strike players. 

I still worry about their discipline and consistency but it will be an exciting season for them for sure.

Fortunately for the rest of the league, they are still coached by MacNamara

1 minute ago, Ant said:

There is a tiny chance that Huddersfield were quite good. 

I know all fans do this sometimes, but you Huddersfield fans are really bad for taking it to heart when someone criticises your opponents. No one said Huddersfield weren't good, but a team with Catalans quality shouldn't be getting beaten that easily at home. 

29 minutes ago, MZH said:

I know all fans do this sometimes, but you Huddersfield fans are really bad for taking it to heart when someone criticises your opponents. No one said Huddersfield weren't good, but a team with Catalans quality shouldn't be getting beaten that easily at home. 

I do think the Huddersfield fans are the worst for needing praise from other fans to feel validated.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

If you look at the Catalans squad in terms of position options, it seems to have a lot of high class depth, except at half back and hooker:

FULL BACK: Sam Tomkins, David Mead

WING: Lewis Tierney, Fouad Yaha, Tom Davies, Gavin Marguerite, Arthur Romano

CENTREIsrael Folau, David Mead, Samisoni Langi, Arthur Romano, Gavin Marguerite, Matt Whitley

STAND OFF/FIVE  EIGHTH James Maloney, Samisoni Langi, Sam Tomkins

HALF BACK: Josh Drinkwater, Lucas Albert, Arthur Mourge,

LOOSE FORWARDBenjamn Garcia, Jason Baitieri, Mickael Goudemand

SECOND ROW: Joel Tomkins, Matt Whitley, Benjamin Jullien, Benjamin Garcia,

PROP: Remi Casty, Sam Moa, Julien Bousquet, Mickael Simon, Sam Kasiano, Antoni Maria, Paul Seguier,

HOOKER: Michael McIlorum, Alrix da Costa

This squad should be sufficient for the season.

Sam Tomkins was phenomenal. 

Tigers were scared shitless of our kicks to Folau. 

Still don't understand how Joel Tomkins gets in the squad. 

Best game we played for years, footy skills related. Langi is becoming a fan favorite, Baitieri less so. 

Archived