15: Feb: SL: Catalans Dragons v Castleford Tigers KO 5pm (UK Time)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/02/20 at 17:00

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

If Folau, Tomkins, Maloney, Drinkwater, Casty, and  McIlorum can stay fit for most of the season, then Catalans will do well in 2020. They still have David Mead to come back into the centers, and Mead also offers quality cover for Tomkins at full back.

Just imagine them with a decent coach. That is some squad - arguably the strongest spine in SL.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Sorry if I missed it but what is the issue with French tv that’s changed from from last year 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/catalans-live-tv-coverage-to-stop-signings-for-limoux-and-ex-hull-kr-half-joins-st-gaudens/

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, MZH said:

I know all fans do this sometimes, but you Huddersfield fans are really bad for taking it to heart when someone criticises your opponents. No one said Huddersfield weren't good, but a team with Catalans quality shouldn't be getting beaten that easily at home. 

It's probably because we've had 20 years of it, we never seem to be able to win games without the opposition being really ###### or the referee being pants etc, we hardly ever get praise, this season already, we best Catalans because they were abysmal and rusty, and apparently the only reason we beat Salford was because it was on TV ......

Even after last year's 55-2 thrashing of Hull at Liverpool it wasn't us, it was Hull that had an off day or couldn't be bothered or something.

We're used to it now.

Just now, meast said:

It's probably because we've had 20 years of it, we never seem to be able to win games without the opposition being really ###### or the referee being pants etc, we hardly ever get praise, this season already, we best Catalans because they were abysmal and rusty, and apparently the only reason we beat Salford was because it was on TV ......

Even after last year's 55-2 thrashing of Hull at Liverpool it wasn't us, it was Hull that had an off day or couldn't be bothered or something.

We're used to it now.

Again though, when a team with good players is getting beat 55-2 they haven't given anything like their best. No matter how well you play you just don't beat a professional side by that score unless they have had a very bad day. You played very well in Liverpool, and I haven't seen the Catalans game but I have no doubt you played well there too. But that doesn't mean your opponents weren't under par. 

Hull beat Leeds 30-4 a couple of weeks ago. We played really well but I don't have any problem with people saying Leeds were poor. They were rubbish. 

Stop taking it so personally. 

And for the record I think you have a useful looking team this year. With a bit of luck with injuries you could be battling for a playoff spot. 

This game got a mention on the news headlines on Triple J. It might be Castleford's bigger ever audience.

I think you guys in the UK are going to have to get a VPN and watch on rugbyleaguehub.

new rise.jpg

48 minutes ago, Pulga said:

This game got a mention on the news headlines on Triple J. It might be Castleford's bigger ever audience.

I think you guys in the UK are going to have to get a VPN and watch on rugbyleaguehub.

Wasn't this a Catalans home game 

6 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Sky Sports News emphasising TWO people in the crowd with rainbow flags!

Saw it too. That’s the main story, how he does is meh.

Everything he is is against the values of RL and its followers here, so I hope he has an unpleasant year then crawls back into the cave he came from.

2 hours ago, DC77 said:

Everything he is is against the values of RL and its followers here, so I hope he has an unpleasant year then crawls back into the cave he came from.

That's not the main story in Australia.

28 minutes ago, Celt said:

agreed.  Same with those lower-tier clubs (we know who they are...) who's fans spout racist abuse at reporters and French fans.... again, their behaviour is completely against the values of RL, and I am sure like me, you hope they sink too.

That's a clever response!

Samkins and, to be fair, Danny Richardson, looking rather impressive in the following video.

All the tries from the game :

Give it a day or so and I think the full match may well be available on Youtube.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

34 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Samkins and, to be fair, Danny Richardson, looking rather impressive in the following video.

All the tries from the game :

Give it a day or so and I think the full match may well be available on Youtube.

Some cracking tries in that.  

Sam Tomkins was in cracking form. Israel Folau and James Maloney were good but can only get better.

With those three in top form, plus either David Mead or Samisoni Langi at left centre, plus Fouad Yaha, Lewis Tierney and Josh Drinkwater playing well, the Catalans will have the best attacking backline in Super League.

What the coach needs to do is try and stop their defensive lapses, and indiscipline at times. If he can achieve that the team will not only be top 5, but also seriously in the hunt for silverware.

3 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Sam Tomkins was in cracking form. Israel Folau and James Maloney were good but can only get better.

With those three in top form, plus either David Mead or Samisoni Langi at left centre, plus Fouad Yaha, Lewis Tierney and Josh Drinkwater playing well, the Catalans will have the best attacking backline in Super League.

What the coach needs to do is try and stop their defensive lapses, and indiscipline at times. If he can achieve that the team will not only be top 5, but also seriously in the hunt for silverware.

From the highlights, Tomkins scored 3 good tries.  Looked a little like he is getting back some form.

6 hours ago, DC77 said:

Somehow I just don’t think it’s gonna pan out the way you’d like it to & I hope it doesn’t.

1 hour ago, Manfred Mann said:

Did you go to the game?

If so, did you also see Catalans v Hudds?

What was the difference between the two displays from the home team or are people not giving Hudds enough credit?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Archived