14 Feb: SL: Salford Red Devils v Huddersfield Giants KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/02/20 at 19:45

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defence still hasn’t settled but it will at some point. I expect an improved performance from Salford but we won’t hit full speed for a few rounds yet. I’m sure Huddersfield won’t have welcomed the week off so early in the season though. I have no idea on the result to be honest! 

Having seen Salford's defence (sic) in their two games so far, I think Huddersfield are favourites for the win. I hope I'm wrong.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Salford generally do very well against us, but then so do most clubs this last few seasons. That said Salford look weaker than last season ( at the moment ) while the giants look much improved, Time to start to perform this season. Hopefully us for this one but they have been a real bogie team for us.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

On 12/02/2020 at 17:22, DavidM said:

Giants , they’ll be the surprise packages this year 

I agree with this.  They have quietly assembled a very competitive squad and Sezer could prove to be the key cog in the wheel to free up some of their attacking threat and a great foil to Gaskell.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, TBC said:

Who are they?

Accrington and Stanley. Another joke for the teenagers, there...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought after a week , and analysis by the refs and their bosses , the ptb enforcement would come in this week . But no , so I’ve no idea why they tweaked the rule about playing the ball . It’s literally the same as before 

44 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I thought after a week , and analysis by the refs and their bosses , the ptb enforcement would come in this week . But no , so I’ve no idea why they tweaked the rule about playing the ball . It’s literally the same as before 

Wardle was about the only player to play the ball with his foot and got done for an incorrect PTB.

The PTB clampdown is unique in rugby league history. It's the only one that never even made it to the first game of the season.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived