16 Feb: Coral Challenge Cup Third Round (rearranged games)

Discuss this weekend's Coral Challenge Cup Third Round rearranged games.

Barrow Raiders v London Skolars KO 3pm
Keighley Cougars v Newcastle Thunder KO 3pm
Workington Town v West Bowling KO 2pm

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/02/2020 at 19:29, Thunder fan said:

2pm kick off saturday, come on thunder!

If it doesn't,the game will then be played at Kingston Park.Newcastle.Midweek.Wednesday,I think.

Beats me.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

If it doesn't,the game will then be played at Kingston Park.Newcastle.Midweek.Wednesday,I think.

Beats me.

Because the game has to have taken place before the following weekend which is the 4th round vs Siddal and the game would be pretty much garenteed to not be cancelled on the 4G pitch at Kingston Park on the Wednesday.

1 hour ago, NERugbyDad said:

Because the game has to have taken place before the following weekend which is the 4th round vs Siddal and the game would be pretty much garenteed to not be cancelled on the 4G pitch at Kingston Park on the Wednesday.

Not if it snows,or there is structural damage caused by high winds.

There are also synthetic surfaces closer to home for the side with putative home advantage.

Could be worse.Could be a follower of a League 1 club having to find the funds to pay the entrance fee for a Super League Magic Weekend day - and not a League 1 fixture;as per Doncaster.

Always expect the unexpected... 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

6 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

There are also synthetic surfaces closer to home for the side with putative home advantage.

Could be worse.Could be a follower of a League 1 club having to find the funds to pay the entrance fee for a Super League Magic Weekend day - and not a League 1 fixture;as per Doncaster.

I think most Doncaster fans will  probably be happy enough to pay the extra £10 to £15 since they'll also get to watch an additional 3 super league games as well as their own team playing in front of a much bigger crowd than normal. I would be surprised if they didn't have their biggest away following of the season.

Oh and you missed earthquake, volcanic eruption and plague of locust off your reasons the game could be cancelled ?

13 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

The entrance fee that is £5 more then what you would be paying to come to Kingston park

incredible value for 4 games!!!!

16 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

875136EA-C112-489A-B2E4-063B7ACF4C83.jpeg

I was expecting a 3pm KO. Lucky I checked here, just in case.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Deserved, you can't target the head like that these days.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

8 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Good coverage. Proper rugby conditions!

Very good, even, sticky coverage. Come on you Browns!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived