16 Feb: Coral Challenge Cup Third Round (rearranged games)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, dkw said:

That's a shocking tackle, definitely deserved a red. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a longish ban too. Absolutely shocking. Keighley are a tough side they were niggling Newcastle for a few mins before that and Newcastle played right into their hands. Doesnt seem to have made much difference though 

3 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a longish ban too. Absolutely shocking. Keighley are a tough side they were niggling Newcastle for a few mins before that and Newcastle played right into their hands. Doesnt seem to have made much difference though 

There's been a couple of off-the-ball/late tackles from Keighley since then, wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a bit more fisticuffs in this one.

Keighley 6:12 Newcastle now, and the visitors have had to do a lot of defending with a man short.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Keighley 18:12 Newcastle now, and the visitors have had to do a lot of defending with a man short.

Quite a strong wind behind Keighley too, I think. Not always an advantage when it comes to passing, of course.

16 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Lots of stuff happening at the ruck too. Going to be a big biff before the end I'm sure 

Allegation of a gouge, now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

Quite a strong wind behind Keighley too, I think. Not always an advantage when it comes to passing, of course.

I feel like I've been transported back in time.

It's feisty, with bags of effort on show in a bog...but, it's great.

Just now, Manxmanc said:

I feel like I've been transported back in time.

It's feisty, with bags of effort on show in a bog...but, it's great.

Nostalgia is a powerful feeling, I've gone such a massive smile on my face. Mud bath, old stadium, biff, what more could you want on a Saturday afternoon? 

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Nostalgia is a powerful feeling, I've gone such a massive smile on my face. Mud bath, old stadium, biff, what more could you want on a Saturday afternoon? 

A dog on the pitch, of course!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Tbf, Lawkholme Lane looks a lot, lot smarter than it did in the 1980s. I'm enjoying the way some of the tackled players are stealing a couple of metres by sliding along the ground after held is called.

Archived