Anthony Gelling

Moscow01

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FearTheVee said:

If the rumours are tru he shouldn't be allowed back on a British RL pitch.

It never stopped Robert Lui tbf. 

If the rumours are true then it puts into context the massive overreaction to the Falou story. I await the statement from Hudgell. 

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

It never stopped Robert Lui tbf. 

If the rumours are true then it puts into context the massive overreaction to the Falou story. I await the statement from Hudgell. 

Or Greg Bird but if we want to make new noise about having stardards of conduct and the ability to block registrations then this is squarely in the oney where the mouth is category.

Lui served his punishment in the NRL, this is a Super League player during a Super League season hot on the heels of the Chairmen making a noise about moral standards.

I acknowledge they are just rumours but it sounds horrific if true.

I don't know why people are relating this to the Falou situation, it is completely different.

If what is being said on twitter, and the picture that I saw on twitter is true, then he deserves to be kicked out of the game for life.

I was just thinking about how he was performing well for Warrington this year aswell. What a $%&£

Await the reaction from those most vociferous about Folau. Surely SL with their new powers will ban him from the comp, or maybe Catalans will sign him.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

If the rumours are true, then our first thought must be with the alleged victim.

That being said, this is a rugby league forum, so Super League's and the RFL's reaction will be interesting, especially given the Folau saga, and our apparent new powers.

In my blog about the Folau signing, I wrote the following, which sadly may be relevant again:

"We as a sport have people convicted of criminal offences from drink-driving to assualt to domestic violence in our professional competitions. We have those who have taken illegal drugs. We welcome and at times revear many who have committed deplorable acts. We chant their names and cheer them like heros. On those occasions, we seperate the man from the player.

Is that right? One view is that we hyprocritcally worship those who but for their on-field talent and the team colours they wear, we would abhor. The alternative view would be that rugby league offers sanctum to young men who often suffered from troubled upbringings and pasts, and give them a chance to earn a living, support their families and change their ways."

Just now, Click said:

I don't know why people are relating this to the Falou situation, it is completely different.

If what is being said on twitter, and the picture that I saw on twitter is true, then he deserves to be kicked out of the game for life.

I was just thinking about how he was performing well for Warrington this year aswell. What a $%&£

Him getting sacked ruins their IF arguments. They are just getting their mitigating comments in early. Strange folks. 

If true hope he goes the way of Barba. Absolutely no place for it.

8 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

If the rumours are true, then our first thought must be with the alleged victim.

That being said, this is a rugby league forum, so Super League's and the RFL's reaction will be interesting, especially given the Folau saga, and our apparent new powers.

In my blog about the Folau signing, I wrote the following, which sadly may be relevant again:

"We as a sport have people convicted of criminal offences from drink-driving to assualt to domestic violence in our professional competitions. We have those who have taken illegal drugs. We welcome and at times revear many who have committed deplorable acts. We chant their names and cheer them like heros. On those occasions, we seperate the man from the player.

Is that right? One view is that we hyprocritcally worship those who but for their on-field talent and the team colours they wear, we would abhor. The alternative view would be that rugby league offers sanctum to young men who often suffered from troubled upbringings and pasts, and give them a chance to earn a living, support their families and change their ways."

Because most people who have done something wrong, however bad, repent.  Folau actively despises a whole class of people but still thinks he’s in the right!

Despite which I would still have him in the sport, to show him the light.

On Gelling, if he’s done this and he’s booted, that’s fine by me.

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Is linking to Twitter allowed I'm curious.  Couldn't find anything 

I think linking to twitter is fine, although I would stay away from anything libellous until any official details have been released. 

The statement in full:

Warrington Wolves can confirm that centre Anthony Gelling will not be available for selection pending a club investigation into conduct away from the club. Gelling is fully supportive of the investigation.

The club and player will be making no further comment at this time.

57 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Doesn't look good for the player or club. 

Should hinder those defending Folau with the whataboutism though!

How the club looks is entirely based on how they deal with this.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived