What % of TRL forum contributors are....

5 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just watched the 'we play league' thing and lots of crowd shots....probably at least a fifth women.... Wondered does it transfer to the forum

On my ventures North, I’ve always been impressed by the number of women in the crowd. Seems significantly higher than at other spectator sports. It’s a strength.

In my experience, women don’t have that child-like obsession about things as much as men (like me!), so perhaps that’s why there are seemingly few female posters. Just a theory.

59 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

On my ventures North, I’ve always been impressed by the number of women in the crowd. Seems significantly higher than at other spectator sports. It’s a strength.

In my experience, women don’t have that child-like obsession about things as much as men (like me!), so perhaps that’s why there are seemingly few female posters. Just a theory.

Exactly what I was thinking.... They go to games, enjoy themselves then leave it

If only we could do the same.... 

7 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just watched the 'we play league' thing and lots of crowd shots....probably at least a fifth women.... Wondered does it transfer to the forum

The crowd at Toronto Wolfpack matches is probably a lot closer to 50% women, perhaps just a little under that.  I highly doubt that many of them come to any rugby league forums.  For the most part I tend to discourage Canadians in general from delving too deeply into rugby league social media, as it turns people away.

41 minutes ago, nmew said:

The crowd at Toronto Wolfpack matches is probably a lot closer to 50% women, perhaps just a little under that.  I highly doubt that many of them come to any rugby league forums.  For the most part I tend to discourage Canadians in general from delving too deeply into rugby league social media, as it turns people away.

i also suspect the average age at wolfpack games is significantly less than the other super league clubs

8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Agreed it's a generally more friendly environment which helps the female attendance.

Also, I recall my first ever twp game (Vs Hull FC preseason - just before they entered league one) and one of the players took his shirt off on the sidelines (I think for injury treatment) and alot of the ladies around us were very happy with that - the eye candy of these extremely fit guys must help too!

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

... females? 

Shouldn't this be on the women's forum?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, nmew said:

I keep hearing this, but tbh if you look at any quick snapshot of the crowd at a TWP game and whilst there are plenty of women, men are undoubtedly in larger numbers. 

Similarly there is often a claim that 40% of SL crowds are women, which I think is exaggerated. 

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I keep hearing this, but tbh if you look at any quick snapshot of the crowd at a TWP game and whilst there are plenty of women, men are undoubtedly in larger numbers. 

Similarly there is often a claim that 40% of SL crowds are women, which I think is exaggerated. 

I would suggest in the section of crowd where we were at lsst years final women were no more than 1:5, maybe even fewer than that.

One gobby lass dressed as a mustard bottle appeared to be making enough noise to even things up like !?

2 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

We used to have a fair few active female posters on here but they all seem to have drifted away. Maybe it’s not as welcoming to females any more? 

I think this is undoubtedly true. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Maybe we should just enjoy being dull old men together.

There are a fair few women who are loud, passionate and knowledgeable about their rugby on twitter. Maybe it's that's last bit which means they stay away from here.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

41 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Maybe it’s not as welcoming to females any more? 

36 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I think this is undoubtedly true. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Maybe we should just enjoy being dull old men together.

I think this is an interesting point, and I'm not sure I agree that this forum is not welcoming to females in particular, we are grumpy towards everyone. I don't think we see so much misogyny though. 

I'm loathe to go down the 'men like this and women like that' kind of observation, but is there something in online forums being seen as a more 'male' activity? Are males more likely to be happy engaging in nonsense arguments that ultimately mean nothing? Is it just a reflection of the fact that sports like football and rugby are still pretty male-dominated? 

I know my wife is present on a few different forums, but I find that she and her friends use forums more for help and advice rather than inane arguments. 

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

We used to have a fair few active female posters on here but they all seem to have drifted away. Maybe it’s not as welcoming to females any more? 

Not that many 

Amh and saintslass and one from hull fc can only remember her real name not user name 

So hardly any 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Ifind that she and her friends use forums more for help and advice rather than inane arguments. 

Mate, just look up AIBU on Mumsnet and it makes this place look sane.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Red Willow said:

I'd say a very small % are female, and I'm not sure it matters that much.

True but there aren't enough for my money!

3 hours ago, Red Willow said:

All posters are treated with equal contempt where it is due

I'm afraid this is completely a mistaken bit of a post Red Willow, ask Parky.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived