Viral Videos

It's been interesting this week watching the video of Rhys Williams Try going viral this week. It seems people think he looks like someone called Mo Saleh. The Video has been seen over 5 million times.

Is this the modern marketing method? If so how can we cash in on it

5 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

It's been interesting this week watching the video of Rhys Williams Try going viral this week. It seems people think he looks like someone called Mo Saleh. The Video has been seen over 5 million times.

Ahh it’s good to put a name to the player. He’s the absolute spit of Mo. I showed it to my mate (another Liverpool fan) who was convinced Mo’s head had been superimposed on it.

4 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Link to video?

https://mobile.twitter.com/JCLFC_/status/1227041155097022464?s=19

30 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Would be better if we had Super League marked on the pitch like in the NRL and NFL

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Rugby Union has already jumped on the footage and pretended that he's one of theirs. I guess they are pretty needy when it comes to clips of attacking skill, but it is still a snide cultural appropriation from the usual suspects.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Rugby Union has already jumped on the footage and pretended that he's one of theirs. I guess they are pretty needy when it comes to clips of attacking skill, but it is still a snide cultural appropriation from the usual suspects.

Have they really, or are you taking the ######?

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Have they really, or are you taking the ######?

Yep, they are trying to use this to hype the next RUWC. Sad, really, but if they don't have any decent attacking Rugby footage of their own,  I suppose they have to try and steal the crumbs from our table.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Good grief, you league fans from England are something else 

5 minutes ago, Boomer Bang Wool said:

Good grief, you league fans from England are something else 

How can your shoulder support such a massive chip?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Boomer Bang Wool said:

It’s inexcusable that they stole a clip from rugby league and passed it off as their own. However the comments from league fans on there are nothing short of cringe. That small man syndrome is embarrassing 

The small man syndrome is most evident in appropriating a clip of good attacking play and trying to brand it as something it isn't. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Boomer Bang Wool said:

Good attacking or bad defending ? 

wow a union guy takling about defence which is not used at all in their game.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

4 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Warrington last year.

That is all.

5 hours ago, Red Willow said:

I`ve mentioned this on another thread but it`s even more relevant on this one. The Kelsey Gentles tackle on Tiana Penitani clip at the world nines has over 56 million views on the women`s Rugby League Facebook page. Rugby Union don`t need to appropriate because most of those posting comments on it think they`re watching "Rugby". Social media is the best hope for RL of circumventing dire mainstream media coverage, but it won`t yield benefits unless we establish a distinct identity by stressing the word " League".

Parts of this clip from my local junior rugby league ground were shown on TV news all around the world and re-tweeted by rugby union governing bodies and organisations everywhere.. they’ve also added it to their Facebook and YouTube channels..

9 hours ago, Red Willow said:

His nickname amongst the Broncos squad last year was Mo Salah so it's been previously noted

Great to see Dragon doing well! 

Archived