Sign in to follow this  
ckn

First up against the wall come the revolution

ppl o uz txt spk in norm coms.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Ringing up on behalf of Microsoft due to a problem with your security....10 mins later ‘right I’ve got my Mac switched on’.

Cyclists who appear to be unaware stopping at zebras/red lights also applies to them (maybe just a London thing) as I’m crossing the road.

People who put their feet on the seats on trains.

Chuggers in any town centre.

And car drivers, particularly those on the M25 including:

- Middle lane drivers

- Audi drivers up your backside

- BMW drivers who didn’t buy the indicator pack option

- people who drive with fog lights on in weather with no fog, but especially when it’s raining

- those who drive in partial light thinking their day lights at the front are all their lights on

- The numpties driving too close and fast to horses and cyclists

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

1) People who don't clean up after their dogs (yes, I am a dog owner).

2) Scroty herberts in cars with "modded" (loud) exhaust pipes.

3) Pensioners who shop on Saturdays (my dear old 87 year old Mum refuses on principle to shop at weekends because she correctly states that she has all week to do hers. God bless her). 

4) People who don't take their wheelie bins in after emptying (I can only imagine what their houses look like with a fortnights worth of garbage God-knows-where).

Whoever put up the temporary traffic lights on Newcastle Quayside earlier this week. There are 4 sets of permanent lights along there then some workmen put up a temporary set In the middle while they dug a hole on the pavement. The problem being they didn’t sync them with the permanent lights so for long periods of time no traffic was moving in any direction as one way had the permanent lights on green but the temp ones in red and vice versa. There was about 20 seconds every few minutes when they were in sync letting about 4 cars through. This was in the morning rush hour, it was completely gridlocked in both directions.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Americans

• Haha 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Padge said:

Americans

Put them up against the wall on the Mexican border?

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Got my blindfold ready.....

11 hours ago, Padge said:

Americans

North, Central ot South Americans? Or all of them? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

I think there's a new breed of middle lane drivers emerging. 

Whilst the original still exists and blindly refuses to go into lane 1, now it seems, with the addition of full beam headlights, the new version has developed

This one sits in the middle lane no matter what the speed of traffic in that lane whether its 50mph or 80 or anywhere inbetween. They will accelerate swiftly up to 80-ish where there's room, and brake just as quickly to stay in that lane if they come up to traffic. They don't use lane 1 or 3. They mostly drive the pretend 4x4's - Honda, Jag, Audi, BMW etc

Annoying and dangerous as well 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ckn said:

They're right, you can't stop them easily but you can have some fun with them.

I've used all of these scenarios:

- "Ah, you're BT as well? Which building are you in? Can you pop over and fix the network, it's been excrement for years now!"
- "You've called back! Great! Have you worked out how to get the internet on my ZX Spectrum yet? Until you do that, I'm not going to discuss anything else"
- "Will you be my friend?"
- "BT?! BT?! I had my innoculation at school, why would you be harassing me about that now?"
- "I'm so glad you called about my accident, will you pay for cleaning my mattress?"
- "Yes, yes it was an accident. He deserved it. And you'll never find him! Even if you do, it was an accident. How did you know? Was it Alexa spying on me again?!"

I've also put on my broadest Scottish, Brummie, Scouse and Cockney accents whenever I hear a foreign accent on the line. Oh that's fun... Machine-gun Glaswegian always gets them confused.

When they’ve said my car has been involved in an accident I’ve said something like: “That’s right, I ran over and killed that b#tch. She had it coming”

People who catch fish and leave them to rot on the side of the lake. 

People who walk dogs on a shared pedestrian/bike path and use a very long leash.

People who slow down to film car accidents.

morning radio djs and their sidekicks or team who cackle waffle giggle and guffaw over the most inane un funny things and spout absolute drivel non stop while my head doesn't accept social interaction of any kind till at least 11am 

• Haha 1

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

On 14/02/2020 at 09:42, Johnoco said:

Definitely non-indicators, especially on roundabouts. 

Then pedestrians who press the button at a crossing when no  traffic is coming, walk across anyway and cause a big tailback waiting for the invisible man to cross. 

... and the mothers who just let their kids press the button and then continue to walk along the pavement without having any intention of crossing.

Also those who let their kids do it after they have crossed and reached the other side.

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

morning radio djs and their sidekicks or team who cackle waffle giggle and guffaw over the most inane un funny things and spout absolute drivel non stop while my head doesn't accept social interaction of any kind till at least 11am 

Been listening to Capital have you?

Middle lane drivers on motorways when there is no traffic in the inside lane and you have to go all round them and into the outside lane to pass them ... Yes, YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT ... I hadn't noticed Shaun Mc's post (6 before this one) when I posted this, but this totally backs up his comment.

Edited by RL does what Sky says

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

This may come as a shock to you, besides BBC Yorkshire, there are other stations available, if you retune the frequency button on your radiogram, in your car, on the way to work (ask a youngster how to do it) and wiggle the aerial around you may get the BBC Light Service, or Radio Luxembourg. God forbid DBS, or internet services.

Edited by Bleep1673

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

This is gonna have to be a big wall , with firing squads rotating in shifts 

No, just moderators wondering which end of the gun is dangerous.

People who stop on the yellow junction box at the top of my road,thanks,so I now have to sit there waiting for the lights to change so everyone can drive through them,until the next red light,then wait for the traffic to stop again, shooting is too good for them 

24 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

No, just moderators wondering which end of the gun is dangerous.

It all depends on who’s holding it...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

12 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

People who stop on the yellow junction box at the top of my road,thanks,so I now have to sit there waiting for the lights to change so everyone can drive through them,until the next red light,then wait for the traffic to stop again, shooting is too good for them 

Don’t you know that if someone gets any movement in front of them then they’ll be 0.1 seconds later than they would otherwise? How can you blame them for that? They’d literally rather be congestion and gridlock than allow anyone else to avoid it. 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, metallithrax said:

Been listening to Capital have you?

no

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

45 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

This may come as a shock to you, besides BBC Yorkshire, there are other stations available, if you retune the frequency button on your radiogram, in your car, on the way to work (ask a youngster how to do it) and wiggle the aerial around you may get the BBC Light Service, or Radio Luxembourg. God forbid DBS, or internet services.

dbs is the same thing thinned out over more stations invented for the benefit of the advertising industry 

1. People who block supermarket isles with their trollies and/or decide the freezer section is just the right place to have a long catch up chat with friends they’ve bumped into. 
2. Queue jumpers. 

• Like 1

First up against the wall come the revolution?

For me it would be those responsible for there being insufficient walls to cope with the volume of candidates.

Edited by JohnM
  • Haha 1

Four legs good - two legs bad