Sky Interviewer: Jenna Brooks

Do others agree she is a really good interviewer?

She kept pressing Lam for a full explanation on the 'attidue' issue from last week - what caused it, had it changed etc. She was also robust in her interview with Brian Mac. He isnt the easiest to be interviewed but she pushed for an answer as to why O'Brien had not been previously selected. Even O'Brien himself got the same treatment.

Fans want selection decision questions and not just ' how disappointing was it lose ' etc etc

Football is awful a lot of the time , just bland rubbish and  platitudes . Why they ask players about their manager , or managers about other managers . I mean , what do you think they’re gonna say .... yeh tough game Saturday , I know they’ve lost 20 games in a row but the performances don’t match the results , always tough against them , yeh good manager he’ll turn it round blah blah blah . 

4 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

She's the only one of the SKY RL team who's actually really good at what she does.

Front of camera. Although it would be nice if, the next time James Child asked to see the same angle for the 10th time in case it shows something different, the producer refused.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Front of camera. Although it would be nice if, the next time James Child asked to see the same angle for the 10th time in case it shows something different, the producer refused.

Im not sure if any of us could name the off-camera SKY RL team. The production values are normally good, so I'd say they do a decent job, but it's impossible for us to evaluate.

On screen, Wellsy does ok on his stuff and then is an awful co-commentator. Personally I like Barrie Mac, but he does make plenty of mistakes. The rest, meh.

7 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Don't think the producer would refuse him, the producer seems to love his replays!

2 hours ago, Wirral Warrior said:

Do others agree she is a really good interviewer?

A bit of fresh air (much needed) and top notch quality.

And another nail in the coffin of men only rubbish, and she sounds knowledgable about the game whether she is or not which is the Job!

So all round improvement that some podcasts could well do with following as well.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 minutes ago, Oxford said:

A bit of fresh air (much needed) and top notch quality.

And another nail in the coffin of men only rubbish, and she sounds knowledgable about the game whether she is or not which is the Job!

So all round improvement that some podcats could well do with following as well.

Agreed I won’t name names but some of the RL podcasts are absolutely dire, just a load of blokes having a fairly dull chat. The Final Hooter is a breath of fresh air though. 

1 hour ago, Angelic Upstart said:

Don't think the producer would refuse him, the producer seems to love his replays!

Often during the play for some reason ... then they miss something and have to show a replay of that . And they do like shots of the coaches just in case you forget what they look like 

48 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Often during the play for some reason ... then they miss something and have to show a replay of that . And they do like shots of the coaches just in case you forget what they look like 

It's the one respect they look like the Beeb coverage other sports have far more breaks naturally and tv production reflects this. And no one says the fans are desperately holding off going to the Bog till half time so let's just check how the calm coach is coping with the events and action. er calmly!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

This absolutely infuriates me. They do that, or they pan onto one of the coaches looking blankly and miss some action and have to replay it. 

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Football is awful a lot of the time , just bland rubbish and  platitudes . Why they ask players about their manager , or managers about other managers . I mean , what do you think they’re gonna say .... yeh tough game Saturday , I know they’ve lost 20 games in a row but the performances don’t match the results , always tough against them , yeh good manager he’ll turn it round blah blah blah . 

Just once I'd like to hear "x aren't very good really, they aren't bottom for no reason. We expected an easy night and so it proved." 

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

Just once I'd like to hear "x aren't very good really, they aren't bottom for no reason. We expected an easy night and so it proved." 

Exactly . ‘ And that manager , how he’s still in a job is beyond me . We stuff them every  time ‘ . What’s funny is sky sports make their own news stories out of all this rubbish ... and what their own pundits think . I mean ‘ Paul Merson thinks ... ‘ is only a headline in that it’s a shock Paul Merson actually thinks at all 

3 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Im not sure if any of us could name the off-camera SKY RL team. The production values are normally good, so I'd say they do a decent job, but it's impossible for us to evaluate.

On screen, Wellsy does ok on his stuff and then is an awful co-commentator. Personally I like Barrie Mac, but he does make plenty of mistakes. The rest, meh.

Aye, give Jon Wells time to plan what he's going to say and why, and he's good. Make him rush through too many tries at half time or (worse) be a live co-commentator and he's deathly.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

C'mon guys give Merson a break. He's battled personal demons and come through the other side, and he's always entertaining.  If RL had such a well known personable character we'd be in better shape as far as general recognition with the public. 

Typical Mersonism; 

" Liverpool leading 2-1, but City's Sterling headers it against the beans and toast and taps in the rebound   so it's now Desmond "

16 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

C'mon guys give Merson a break. He's battled personal demons and come through the other side, and he's always entertaining.  If RL had such a well known personable character we'd be in better shape as far as general recognition with the public. 

Typical Mersonism; 

" Liverpool leading 2-1, but City's Sterling headers it against the beans and toast and taps in the rebound   so it's now Desmond "

He has , but that’s distinct from the fact he’s a total embarrassment on telly . He has one job but he never knows who anyone is , how to say anyone’s name or what’s going on . Apart from that he’s great . The rest just try and keep him right 

• John Drake changed the title to Sky Interviewer: Jenna Brooks
5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Agreed I won’t name names but some of the RL podcasts are absolutely dire, just a load of blokes having a fairly dull chat. The Final Hooter is a breath of fresh air though. 

What happened to Rugby AM's all womens podcast they hyped up and never did again?

11 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

She’s brilliant and should have been the host for the studio side of RL. She is knowledgeable and a good listen, something Carney is not. 

Carney is a good presenter, but bland (very much like Lineker).

Agree though she would make a better host. Her interviews are always spot on.

16 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Aye, give Jon Wells time to plan what he's going to say and why, and he's good. Make him rush through too many tries at half time or (worse) be a live co-commentator and he's deathly.

It's funny, because I feel it works the other way round with Wells. When he has limited time I think he does a great job and flies through it in Nice bite size pieces that works well. When he is a studio guest I think he has fallen into the trap that Clarke did for a while (and Wilkin is guilty of) where he likes the sound of his own voice and tries to make every comment really profound. 

Agree about his commentating he is rubbish. 

Clarke is a weird one now in the sky studio, he appears to have lost all interest and seems fed up with everyone. 

Archived