Sack Hewitt and make Adam Hills President for life

Bearman

2 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Has any celeb everr do more to push RL more than Adam Hills? 

This is a wild guess, but have you been watching Channel 4 in the last 90 minutes? :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

He’s criminally underused by the game and his “work” of promoting the game is off his own bat. As a player, a famous face, someone who talks well and (possibly) someone who knows what they’re talking about when talking up the game (I can’t say I’ve heard any of his opinions on Super League/NRL/the International game), he should be paid to be out there talking about Rugby League and all of its forms. 

18 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

He’s criminally underused by the game and his “work” of promoting the game is off his own bat. As a player, a famous face, someone who talks well and (possibly) someone who knows what they’re talking about when talking up the game (I can’t say I’ve heard any of his opinions on Super League/NRL/the International game), he should be paid to be out there talking about Rugby League and all of its forms. 

Why? He does it anyway and makes plenty of money from being a very talented entertainer.

As for being 'criminally underused', he seems to show up every week doing something for RL and long may it continue. But do we really want him on so often that we get sick of him?

I remember when we used to say we underused George Riley.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

31 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Why? He does it anyway and makes plenty of money from being a very talented entertainer.

As for being 'criminally underused', he seems to show up every week doing something for RL and long may it continue. But do we really want him on so often that we get sick of him?

I remember when we used to say we underused George Riley.

Because a lot of other sports use famous faces from other sports or walks of life to promote their sport. 

12 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Because a lot of other sports use famous faces from other sports or walks of life to promote their sport. 

Do they?

He already promotes our sport.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just listened to an episode of "Uncle Mort's North Country" and he mentioned Hunslet.

Val McDermid in "The Torment of Others " mentions someone wearing a Leeds Rhinos shirt (a no good  deadbeat , though)

Candidates for Vice Presidents? ?

5 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Big regular plug for Warrington

giphy.gif.1870ebc702747bdec2fb64689c74fac1.gif

"Outside of Sky, I've heard more about RL from Hills than everyone else combined. " Pretty much sums it up this.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived