Newcastle Thunder and England Academy Squad

England Academy have named an initial squad, which will be cut down before the tour of Australia and New Zealand.

Well done to Newcastle Thunder who have 4 players in the squad, a brilliant effort from an expansion club.

Jake Anderson (Newcastle Thunder), Cole Appleby (St Helens), Danny Attley (Castleford Tigers), Harvey Barron (Hull FC), Lewis Baxter (St Helens), Dean Beddall and Luke Broadbent (Warrington Wolves), Joe Burton and Oli Burton (Leeds Rhinos), Nathan Clemmitt (Newcastle Thunder), Lewis Dodd (St Helens), Alex Donaghy (Newcastle Thunder), Jacob Dugdale (Widnes Vikings), Jude Ferreria (Hull FC), Archie Fletcher (Castleford Tigers), Jacob Gannon (Warrington Wolves), Corey Hall (Leeds Rhinos), Umyla Hanley (Wigan Warriors), Danny Hill (Widnes Vikings), Jacob Hookem (Hull FC), Ellis Longstaff (Warrington Wolves), Aidan McGowan (Huddersfield Giants), Ben McNamara (Hull FC), Isaac Nokes (Newcastle Thunder), Matty Nicholson (Wigan Warriors) and Brad O’Neill (Wigan Warriors), Taylor Pemberton and Jamie Pye (St Helens), Cain Robb (Castleford Tigers), George Roby (Warrington Wolves), Fenton Rogers (Huddersfield Giants), Rian Rowley (Leeds Rhinos), Harry Rushton (Wigan Warriors), Jumah Sambou (St Helens), Harry Shackleton (Bradford Bulls), Iwan Stephens (Leeds Rhinos), Robson Stevens (Huddersfield Giants), Alex Sutton and Jack Taylor (Wigan Warriors), Josh Thewlis (Warrington Wolves), Liam Tindall (Leeds Rhinos), Kai Tyson (Hull FC), Connor Wrench (Warrington Wolves).

Testament to the hard work and recourse we have put into the Academy and the community game over the last 5 years!!

Goes to show you get what you put in! 

Keep your eyes on the North East again this year with more new community clubs launching and Newcastle competing at U16 Scholarship, U18 Academy, Reserve Grade and First Team 

30 minutes ago, Newcastle Thunder said:

Testament to the hard work and recourse we have put into the Academy and the community game over the last 5 years!!

Goes to show you get what you put in! 

Keep your eyes on the North East again this year with more new community clubs launching and Newcastle competing at U16 Scholarship, U18 Academy, Reserve Grade and First Team 

Mega effort. I’m off with my lad to Catterick Crusaders this morning, so long as storm Den behaves himself 

Well done to the Newcastle quartet and all the lads, they should be very proud of their selection. 

Any posters recomend some names to keep an eye on the tour... the trip down under is always difficult but it would be great to see us shine down there.

Obviously the name Hanley jumps out, clearly young Umyla has a lot to live up to but from the clips I have seen he is pretty useful. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Well done to the Newcastle quartet and all the lads, they should be very proud of their selection. 

Any posters recomend some names to keep an eye on the tour... the trip down under is always difficult but it would be great to see us shine down there.

Obviously the name Hanley jumps out, clearly young Umyla has a lot to live up to but from the clips I have seen he is pretty useful. 

Other than Hanley, the stand outs for me are Dodd, Thewlis and George Roby.

Of the Leeds lot, Stephens (Full back) has promise, but Hall is the best of the crop in my opinion. A centre from Sheffield, Leeds took him from the Wigan academy last year. Definitely a SL star in the making. I don't rate the rest that highly.

Of the Newcastle lot, Donaghy looks useful, Nokes as well. Anderson is a real carthorse up front, solid.

Others that i've heard good things about are Shackleton (Bradford), Dugdale (Widnes), Nicholson (Wigan), Rogers (Huddersfield), Attley & Robb (Cas), Longstaff (Warrington)

Lewis Dodd, 

2 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Lewis Dodd, halfback from St Helens. Probably the most highly rated player in the whole squad.

9 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Other than Hanley, the stand outs for me are Dodd, Thewlis and George Roby.

Of the Leeds lot, Stephens (Full back) has promise, but Hall is the best of the crop in my opinion. A centre from Sheffield, Leeds took him from the Wigan academy last year. Definitely a SL star in the making. I don't rate the rest that highly.

Of the Newcastle lot, Donaghy looks useful, Nokes as well. Anderson is a real carthorse up front, solid.

Others that i've heard good things about are Shackleton (Bradford), Dugdale (Widnes), Nicholson (Wigan), Rogers (Huddersfield), Attley & Robb (Cas), Longstaff (Warrington)

There’s some top players in the squad, the big 3 being Dodd, Hanley & Thewlis.

i still think there is a few players who missed out who should be in, mainly Sam Hall & Will Tate but also a few others.

The Aussies are after revenge and in my opinion this England squad’s biggest weakness is in the front row and these games are won up front. Hopefully a prop or two will emerge like Sam Hall has who made his SL debut last week.

Matty Nicholson is only 16 but is the most complete backrower I have seen for a while so good to see him in there.

A lot can change but if I was to pick a 17 as of now I would go

Hanley

Tindall

Ferreira

Hall

Stephens

Thewliss 

Dodd

Pye

Dugdale

Rowley

Rushton